7: DREAMER

A/N: The first fraction of this chapter is an illustration of Louis' dream. The reason it's written in italic and third person is so that you'll be able to separate it from the rest.

This is where it all begins, I suppose!

Louis, May 14th

It was the fourth of September.

Gregarious birds were chirping in melodies of Mother Nature, which emitted tones that resembled jubilant flutes in an orchestra.

Meanwhile, Louis was walking down a narrow route, his figure surrounded by a dense thicket, leaves in alternative shades of green brushing along his sides as he followed the tortuous pathway. Fresh air fanned past his cheeks once he finally stepped out into a familiar sparse area-which he'd visited numerous times before-where the crowns of the trees invited a clear sky into the forest.

The radiant sun was in the very centre. It was the middle of the day.

Louis let his eyes shift from the blindingly bright source to what was peacefully resting in front of him. Beneath cliffs of stone was the sleeping water, its exterior untouched by the wind that seemed to have expired. Louis thought It resembled an immense mirror due to the treetops and creamy blue-coloured sky reflecting into its frail surface. The lake had never been more still.

The sound of a twig snapped in half lured Louis' attention.

His head turned to the side and a feeling of warmth blossomed within his body when he laid eyes on the origin of the sound. The bubbling sensation mostly contained of relief, but also pure joy. In some ways he felt as though he had never been more glad to see that particular face, even though the sight of it always reminded him of how he was the luckiest chap on the planet. And he was even more glad, when their eyes met.

Harry was walking along the cliffs, his footsteps much too slow to Louis' approval. A khaki green jacket embraced his marine hoodie and grey shirt while a beanie captured his lively curls, and Louis thought he looked genuinely breathtaking. Or else, it was just this moment that was breathtaking, like when they both smiled, approaching each other, or when Louis' hand hurried to touch the other's the very second he was within reach. For a moment the two simply stood there, gawking and gazing, taking in their surroundings by simply breathing heavy breaths in each other's presence.

"I hoped I'd see you here," Louis was the one to break the silence.

Harry chimed in by sighing, but still letting his loving smile remain. "Did you really doubt I'd come?"

The shorter one let his gaze fall. "You can't ever be sure."

Harry was quick to adjust Louis' grip around his wrist to carefully slide their hands together. Their fingers clasped like ropes in a knot, Harry's squeezing Louis' in comfort to grant him with all the approval he needed.

"Why here?" he asked.

Louis looked up, his brows creasing in bafflement. "Because it's perfect. It's-It's everything you ever wanted."

"It's just a forest." Harry shrugged.

"But you told me-"

Harry took a steady step forward, intertwining all four hands together in a firm grip. "Everything I ever wanted...was you."

In the blink of an eye, I sat up in bed and instantly rubbed my face to erase the tiredness. My mind rallied with thoughts and audible vision sampled and stolen from the dream that had just occurred in my sleep.