53: STAIN

A/N: Sorry for the late update. I've been a little busy. Thanks for being patient.

Louis, July 14th

To some extent, everyone has their own perception of paradise. Mine, was waking up in Harry Styles' bed.

My ideal paradise, was when he'd be nestled under my arms, which he unfortunately wasn't, this time. Although, this fact didn't make me any less euphoric, since he'd promised to come back first thing after filming to join me in bed. In fact, he'd left a cute note at his side of the bed, which said: I'll be back at around eleven. Save your kisses for me. You look cute.

It was only after I'd read through the scribbled letters that I realised that him slamming the front door must've been the reason I woke up. In fact, he was just entering the bedroom.

Harry's cheeks were pink and curls tousled and flopping down differently to how it usually was, as if he'd just been sprinting up the stairs instead of taking the lift. To my surprise, he was holding a package in the size of a shoebox, wrapped with paper in the colour of cardboard, a purple ribbon perched in its centre.

"Don't get your hopes up," was the first thing he said before sitting down on the edge of the empty side and flinging his legs up into bed. He placed down the gift between us and shrugged. "It was something I saw in the window on my way home, and it reminded me of you. So, yeah. It's no big deal."

"You're so sweet," I beamed, picking at the little bow. "It's a proper present. Could've just given me the bag."

"Well, no. Because it was at a toy store and-" As my brows arched, Harry made sure to stop my thoughts from wandering further. "Not that kind of toy store. An actual kid's shop. And they had the wrapping paper prepared. So, I wrapped it myself."

"Careful before you spoil the surprise, babe." My fingers picked at the end of the paper on the side of the box, unfastening the fold Harry had taped down. "This is such a cute gesture, Harry. You're so nice," I cooed.

Harry dipped his elbow into a pillow to get more comfortable. "If you think it's silly, you can throw it away."

"No way." I snorted and tore the remaining pieces of wrapping paper away from the box, removing the its lid thereafter. "Tissue paper as well?" I chuckled, my fingers shuffling through the inside as the piece rustled noisily, soon revealing something tan and furry underneath. "Is it a stuffed animal?"

Indeed it was, and it was double the size of my two fists together, shaped and sewn to resemble a baby hedgehog.

My cheeks flushed. "Why would a hedgehog remind you of me?"

"Because," he emphasised. "When your hair's a mess." His hand reached up to my fringe. "Like right now. All mornings. And at night, when you're sleepy. You look just like it."

My lip twitched into a smile. "Didn't know you thought so." After looking into Harry's green, my gaze shifted to a pair of black beads in my lap. They had the slightest shine in them, which resembled a twinkle. My hand stroked over the soft fur. "It's not silly. It's sweet."

He rolled over on his stomach to face me from below. "Do you love it?"

My nose wrinkled as I smiled warmly. "So much. In fact," I patted its head, "he'll be going to bed with me tonight."

Harry's fingers trickled over my naked thigh. "What about me?"

A feeling of delight swelled in my chest at those words, honoured that they'd crossed his mind. Eight of my days lacking Harry in them were dreadful, and having him wanting to be in them.