Sequel (Preview)

A/N: Wipe your tears, if there are any. Here comes the sunlight.

FIVE YEARS LATER

"Jeez. These windows are immense. Shut the blinds, Styles."

A group of teenagers started jumping and waving frantically when I appeared by the window, five floors up from the partly crowded parking lot. Although I doubted they could even tell whether it was me or one of my friends, I waved, smiled shortly before cautiously yanking the string to seal the vertical curtains.

Benjamin Davis was the coworker I wish I never had. To an outsider (including Ben himself), the two of us were inseparable best buddies. However, according to me, this was entirely inaccurate. It was often my duty to confront him whenever he'd act as a complete douchebag, but since he was one, I'd lost interest in improving a lost cause. At the start, it had always bothered me how he'd discredit our viewers, but after five years, I'd gotten used to it.

"Ooh," the braggart cooed, dropping his hip down onto one of the neatly made single beds. "I spot multiple suitcases. Does Mr. Blueford have a lady friend staying over?"

"It's a dude's," Seth Blueford (a more loyal friend) answered. "Don't you think know him. Actually, I believe he's good friends with Andrew Antic. You know, the short blonde."

Seth Blueford was one of the most infamous names in the industry for the past decade. He'd been discovered through a popular film franchise and was never not recognised ever since. In fact, out of all the contacts in my phone, he was probably the most famous one, if not Jennifer Lawrence. Nevertheless, we weren't closest of friends, but since him and Ben were, I was currently stopping by his hotel room in a harbour, in Los Angeles.

"Antic is an interesting character," Ben commented, and I'd stopped paying attention to him. Since simply looking at his face was drearing and monotonous, I'd settled on a wrinkled-up sock on the polished floor. "Dude," the bloke scoffed. "Is this thing yours?"

"That's his," Seth disproved, bottom plunging down in a leather chair. "But hey. It's quite sweet, to be honest. He told me he keeps it with him everywhere."

At this point, I felt obliged to look.

My heart probably wished I hadn't, because what was perched on Benjamin's lap, being petted under his hand, was a small, fluffy and frayed hedgehog.

It was then that I discovered that it was possible to acquire goosebumps in less than a millisecond. These goosebumps were a repercussion from the countless of memories that this unexpected sight had forced on me. It almost seemed too good to be true, which was why I had to see for myself.

My feet were quicker than my mind, and soon enough, I'd snatched the stuffed animal from Ben's fingers for closer examination. Surely, the animal was identical to the one I recognized from five years earlier, only a lot more colourless and worn-out. The beads of eyes were black beetles and seemed to carry as much sorrow as a toy that had been abandoned.

And as if it hadn't already been confirmed, I turned the furry being in my hand and studied the fleece to find a familiar coffee stain by its right foot. My heart clenched in my chest.

He'd kept it.

***

A/N: Harry is famous, and Lil' Tommo still sleeps next to Big Tommo after five years. Who would've thought?

Also, feel free to share this story with your friends because it would be lovely to have a bigger audience before we continue on to the next era! It would truly mean a lot!

I'll update you on further details! Love you.