29: INSTAGRAM

A/N: This is growing much faster than I expected. Thank you so much.

Louis, June 2nd

According to Louis, it was heartwarming to watch Harry talk to his mother.

Their remarkable bond reminded Louis of how his relationship with his mother when she had been alive. Of course, there was always a slight portion of jealousy that would spark when he'd watch them FaceTime, but the warmth that he felt was more dominant.

"I miss you mum," Harry said, one hand clutching his phone while the other wiped his tired eye.

Anne gave off a smile of sympathy. "Oh, I miss you too, darling. It's not long now until I'll come visit you."

"How is everything going? Is it going well?"

"Everything's going by plan," she replied. There was a hint of Harry in her voice, Louis thought. "It turns out New York isn't that bad after all. At least not for business."

Louis watched his boyfriend return a smile. "I told you you'd like it," Harry claimed and they both giggled. "I'm very happy that you're happy."

"Well, dear, look at you!" Anne exclaimed, and it was almost as if I could sense the delight burst through the screen. "I've never seen you look so happy and healthy. Your lovely Louis must've been a real rescuer." At that, Harry turned to look at Louis, who was smiling with bright pink cheeks. Harry kissed one, and Anne's smile widened even further. "Aw, you two. I'd love to chat for a bit longer, but I have somewhere to be."

"Of course. I'll call you soon," Harry promised and waved his big hand in front of the device. "Bye, mummy!"

Anne waved joyously. "Bye-bye, boys!"

Harry clicked the call away and shoved his phone into his pocket, and once his arms were unoccupied they immediately cuddled around Louis' waist.

"She loves you," Harry mumbled while nestling into Louis' neck, which made him giggle. And once Harry's arms tightened, Louis combed his fingers through Harry's tousled curls. "She tells me all the time, how happy she is that I've got you."

"I love her, too. She's the loveliest."

Curly breathed heavily into Louis' warm neck. "I'm so happy. So, so happy." He kissed the skin. "I love you the most. So, so much." And he hugged Louis closer. "Mine."

It wasn't until Louis heard the last word that he noticed the gloom in his voice. He'd said he was happy, but he sounded as if he was about to burst into tears.

"Hey," Louis drawled, kissing Harry's head. "Don't be sad. This is a happy day. And we're happy, like you said." He pushed Harry's fringe aside to see his face. "Alright?" Harry nodded, and Louis cupped his puffy cheek before pinching it gently. "Show me that pretty smile."

And instantly, Harry's lips curled. "You can't tell me to smile on demand."

Louis' eyes crinkled. "Well, it worked, didn't it?"

"Because you made me flustered," Harry muttered, smiling fully.

"Because I did this?" Louis repeated the pinching on the same spot, which evoked a blushing splash into the cheek. Harry was giggling and jerking his head aside. "Does that make you feel fuzzy?" Louis asked.

"Ow," Harry laughed. "Hurts."

"Naw," Louis cooed, ruffling his curls again. "Lemme kiss it better."