《Chapter 24》

"No way."

Hours before:

You were going to the roof of the school. You held in a lot and needed to properly exhale. As soon as you opened the door the fresh air blew your hair like a wave of calmness. You let out a breath before taking another one. You soon noticed that you weren't alone.

"Chaerin sunbaenim." She turned to you and gave you a small smile.

"Are you okay? It isn't so like you to be alone." You asked her.

"There's nothing. Just thinking." She patted the space next to her and you hesitantly went and sat down.

Silence took over as you could only hear the sound of the strong air that blew your hair, before Chaerin broke the ice

"Do you know how it feels to feel like you don't belong to a place when normally you do?" You tried to understand what her question meant but came to nothing, you heard her sigh.

"It's a weird question. But that's how I feel. I feel like I'm not home. I feel like the family I live with is not mine. They don't do anything to make me feel this way, they act like a true family does. But I don't know why I feel this way. It's bizarre. So bizarre." She laughed nervously "Sorry for disturbing you with all this nonsense."

"No, you're not at all. I'm glad I can be here to hear you, I mean it makes you feel better when you talk to someone about how you feel. So it's a good thing. I also get what you mean." You shook your head.

"Yes it does. It's been a few years since I've been feeling this way, but I couldn't tell anyone anything about it. I tried once but that person wasn't really understanding. You're the first one to hear about and understand this."

"But why me? We're not so close." She chuckled

"I'm wondering too. I don't know." She held the necklace she was wearing then closed her eyes and breathed out before opening her eyes and looking at the necklace.

"I don't even know where is this necklace from, but i feel empty without it." You took a glance at the necklace and furrowed your eyebrows immediately "I've seen this necklace before."

.........

You observed the photo, looking at every single person on it. On the left was your mother, on the right was your father, and in the middle were two persons. A little girl with a baby in her arms. The baby was you. But the older girl was...... Chaerin?

"Her birth name is not Na Chaerin but Y/l/n Jaehwa. She's your sister. Your parents almost knew that she'll be a beauty later, and your mother's pregnancy was a hard thing for them.  Her health wasn't at the best state, yet they were able to deal with it successfully, that's how Jaehwa came. Two years older than you. She has your mother's looks but more of your father's personality and his tall figure." You were speechless looking at the girl on the photo who had a happy smile on her cute face.

You were never the only child, your mother was an extremely protective one, not because you were the only child but because you were the only one left.

"Your parents lost her in a party. She was playing with other kids, according to them she was left behind for short minutes and there was no sign of her later. Your mother did all she could to find her, she said she was ready to spent the night out there looking for her. No days, as long as it could take to find her. But your father convinced her to go rest and let the police do their work. It took him a lot to convince her but he did. Your father was a really good man at that time he cared for all of you. Although he was also sick worried about Jaehwa, he kept calm and tried his best to be here for your mother and reassure her. He never showed how worried he was in front of her, at some point she got mad at him but he was still calm and just said that he was worried too. He knew that showing that he was extremely worried too would make it hard for her to relax." You still remained silent. Remembering how much of a good man your father was, wasn't helping. A tear went down your cheek