《Chapter 18》

You were walking to the gate when someone called out your name. You  turned around to see Tiffany walking over to you. "I almost forgot I had this stupid assignment to do with her."

"Hurry up." You told her and saw her quicken her pace.

"Made a new friend?" Someone spoke close to my ear startling you a little. Luckily, just a little.

"No." You responded not bothering to look at Baekhyun. Tiffany arrived and looked at him and he flashed her his iconic smile.

"Hi, I'm Baekhyun." He smiled at her.

"I'm Tiffany." She smiled and you watched them shake hands and saw Tiffany blushing. "Idiot."

You turned around walking away leaving the two to take huge steps to catch up to you. Baekhyun was on your left while Tiffany on your right side. So you were basically in the middle. That's how it should be since you're the one who knows both, but being between this two, you were sure you'll have a headache by the time you get home.

"So are you classmates?" Baekhyun asked breaking the silence. You just ignored knowing that she would answer.

"Yes. We actually have an assignment that's why I'm going over to her place."

"Oh, well then can I come? I'm an upperclassmen, i can help." You knew he was looking at you and saw a smile plastered on his from the corner of your eye.

"Never. You're a creepy puppy. And I'm sure I'm better than you anyway."

"Oh, come on you kno-Wait I'm not a puppy."

"Yes you are. Always following me around." He pouted but then smiled.

"If I'm your puppy, then you're my cutie pie."

"Say that again and I'll punch you." You warned.

"Now,now cutie pie you're not so violent are you?" You turned to him balling your fist and moved your hand close to his face which he successfully held and moved to the side. Well, you obviously wouldn't punch him for such a stupid reason. You knew he would hold your or just dodge it, you were planning on stopping right in front of his face anyway. You wouldn't punch him. Bur that's something you were completely blind to see. He got closer smiling.

"You can't do this, can you?" "Is he reading my thoughts or what?" You yanked your arm and started walking knowing that you were be blushing at that moment. He just stood there looking at you with a smile. He turned his face to see Tiffany awkwardly looking at the both of you frozen in her spot.

He didn't want to let her know so easily about his feelings for you. So he smiled at her.

"If you treat me the same way I'll always annoy you like that." She chuckled a bit before saying.

"We better catch up to her." They both quicken their pace and kept walking behind you. Tiffany elbowed Baekhyun softly making him look.

"Is she nice?" She whispered. Baekhyun didn't say a thing.

"I mean she hasn't been treating me nicely. When I smiled at her in class she just nodded at me then looked away and she would only give me short answers on whatever I ask."

He looked at you and a smile appeared on his face.

"She is. She's so kind. She just doesn't open up easily to people but even if she doesn't know you or even is rude to you she will still help you if you're in need." Baekhyun replied with a sweet smile. He then processed what he just said. She would definitely think he has a thing for you. Well, he does, he's in love.

"She's such a good friend if we could stay like this forever." He was totally lying to himself at this point, he would never wish for you stay like that, still so distant from each other. He managed to make you open up a little to him. To him it was like he finally managed to break through a part of one of the walls around your heart. But he knew there was still some work to do. But there was one thing he didn't know....

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hours later you were laying on your bed in your comfy pyjamas looking up at the ceiling.

Baekhyun walked you home with Tiffany. Tiffany wasn't as bad as you thought, she gave a lot of ideas and was pretty active, you just listened to everything she said then gave your point of view on every idea she gave and added what came to your mind. So you were pretty much leading, she let you lead since she heard you had the best grades in class. You still gave her the cold face but didn't make her feel uncomfortable and often asked things such as 'do you want something to drink?' 'are you hungry?' And others. She really seemed to like you and even said that you should hang out more. You won't reject her if she comes to you, but you will act like you normally do. Short answers and no smile or just small ones that will quickly disappear.

You sat straight looking at your phone. "I need to talk to grandpa." You grabbed your phone and called him. After a few tries he finally picked up.

''Hello, honey.'' Just hearing his voice made you realize how much you missed him.

"Hi, grandpa. How are you?"

"I'm fine just a lot of work to do. How is school, aee you working hard? Are you doing well? Is there anything you need? I want you to do well in school but remember don't overwork yourself and get enough sleep. Your health is the priority."

"I know, I know. I'm fine, don't worry."

"Good, i wanted to call you yesterday to tell you something but I couldn't so I thought I'd call you today and you happened to call."

"What is it?" You asked.

"There's an event for the opening of an hotel. It'll be their friday. I was invited and asked if I can take you with me, they said yes." You frowned your eyebrows.

"Am I not too young? I mean I'm still a high schooler."

"They said by the age of 15 it's okay."

"There will be wine and all these stuff. I'm underage, aren't you worried about that?" You heard him laugh a little and a smile appeared on your face.

"No, I trust you."

"You pass."

"Don't tell me you were testing."

"I wasn't. I was just joking at first but then thought it wouldn't be so bad if I waited for your answer and see what it'll be ."

You talked a bit more with him about everything that you happened to remember. But then thought to bring up about the real reason why you called this late. Chaerin.

"Grandpa." Your voice was serious. He felt how your tone changed and responded with a 'yes' quietly.

"There's something I want to talk about. There's a girl I met in school, it might sound stupid but....." You paused.

"Go ahead."

"She reminds me of mom." Silence was all you got. He didn't know what to say,what to think. Just by this silence you were sure there was something you didn't know and had to know. But you don't want to talk about it over the phone.

"I don't want to talk about it over the phone,let's save it for Friday."

He said he will come pick you up. You both wished each other a goodnight and hung up. You layed down again looking up at the ceiling. "Why do I feel like this Friday has a lot waiting for me?" You slowly closed your eyes  thinking and minutes after drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~

Double update. I really hope you liked this chapter. Thank you for reading for all the votes I got so far and hopefully will get in the future. I love you all so much. ❤❤