Chapter Thirty Seven

Start from the beginning

"He will have visiting rights" Dalton shot back

"He is the f...father" Kate started

"No, mom he doesn't deserve to be a part of our lives" Ariella cut her off. "We will file for complete custody but dad is right. I should talk to him." She faced Elaine. "You should tell Aunt Rose I will meet him today afternoon at cafeteria at the ground floor of Reynolds Inc. building"

Dalton glanced at his family and strode out. Ariella sighed and sat down.

"It w...will be f...fine" Kate assured Ariella.

"I hope so"

Dalton was pacing a hole in the carpet as Ariella got ready for her meeting with Kaden. Rose had called earlier telling them Kaden would be meeting Ariella at the said place.

"You need to calm down" Ariella took his hand and stopped him.

Dalton paused and looked at her.

"He is your best friend as well. You guys grew up together. You should talk to him as well" She continued.

"About what?" Dalton gritted out. "That man had been a lying cheat for as long as I have known, playing with your trust. I stood back for him! I FUCKING STOOD BACK!" Dalton yelled. "I thought his love was so fucking pure that he deserved you more than me! I lost eight years worth of time with you. Eight years worth of time I could have spent making memories with you, pursuing you if you had given me a chance but that bastard professed his undying love and I thought my mere infatuation didn't stand a chance in front of his holy love" Dalton clenched his teeth holding back a profanities.

Ariella placed a hand on his chest and felt his heart trying to beat out of his chest.

"I.Love.You" Ariella looked him in the eye. "We are together today. Don't get upset over the past. What are lost eight years when we have probably fifty more to look forward to? It is us now Dalton."

"Fourteen" Dalton closed his eyes knowing he should have given a preamble. Ah well, everything was going to hell either way.

"Huh?"

"Fourteen women, he slept with when he was with you"

Ariella gaped at him as he strode to the bed side table and grabbed a file. He held it out for Ariella but she stared at it, unable to move.

"You wanted to know. I got this in yesterday before the party. I was waiting to give it to you after the party.

Ariella stumbled back and sat down on the bed.

"Jessica...is Jessica on the list?" Ariella whispered.

"Yes. He was sleeping with her."

Ariella screamed. She grabbed the vase on the bedside and threw it against the wall. Dalton dropped the file and hugged her, restraining her as she thrashed against him.

"I WILL FUCKING KILL HIM!" She screamed. Jessica was his on and off thing during high school, from the rumors that Ariella had heard. However when he had given her the promise ring, she had assumed that's what they were, just rumors but he was screwing Jessica while he professed his love for her.

"Ari, honey." Dalton gritted his teeth. He was infuriated with Kaden.

Ariella stilled.

"I am going to go talk to him now"

"I will drive you" Dalton said, confused by the shift in her sudden emotions. She was completely stoic now.

They drove in silence to the building.

"I will be in my office" Dalton said as he kissed her and watched her enter the cafeteria.

Dalton strode into the security department.

"Good evening boss" One of the guards whose name tag said "Derek" greeted him.

"Good evening. I want the cameras from the cafeteria streamed to the LCD in my office; right away"

"Consider it done Sir"

Dalton nodded and got into the elevator, heading towards his office. He would snap Kaden's neck if he tried anything.

Ariella was about to sit down when she spotted him. At the same moment his eyes settled on her and he got up. She walked up to him and slid in the chair opposite to him, ignoring his hand he had held out for her.

Kaden was about to open his mouth when she threw the file on his face.

"I don't have all day for you. My fiancée and daughter are waiting for me at home. Start explaining." 

Please do Comment and Vote!