THIRTYSIX|TRAGEDY

The music still blared and people were still dancing all around us

The music still blared and people were still dancing all around us. We were the only ones stood still.
I knew the distance between us. Six feet.

His glare was cold yet empty. As he wasn't going to I closed the distance between us. The space was only six inches now. His warm breaths fanned my face in their minty embrace.

A part of me deep down already knew what was wrong. If he couldn't see the marks, he could smell another male all over me.

Fuck you Marus.

A lock of dark hair fell into his eyes. Before he could, I swept it back for him, a tender motion that shocked even me. I had this horrible feeling in my chest, almost as if my heart heart by just looking at Hades. I felt almost sorry for him, he held such a stony exterior, but inside he was hurting. He just wouldn't let me see, but I knew. He stared at me through those brilliant blue eyes, that once held even a hint of warmth but now... now they were empty. No hint nor trace of the slightest bit of anything.
He was a blank canvas.

"Care to dance?" He asked holding out a hand for me to take. I nodded, taking his hand as we began to join in with the rest of the party.

He moved effortlessly across the hall, he had been trained for this. I however had not. Usually I would have told him where he could shove his dance offer but now... the look in his eyes affected me, made me feel something horrid hat I hadn't felt in a very long time. Not since Marus.

Something akin to what I imagined a broken heart to feel like. Except this couldn't be. I had no feelings for Hades. I couldn't.
I sucked in air as his hand slid to my lower back, whist his other held my hand. We moved slowly to the rhythm of the song. I didn't know where to look so instead of making eye contact I stared at his chest the whole time.

When the song end of me he let go of me as if I were on fire. Turning to leave before I grabbed his wrist. "Wait."
He turned, yanking his wrist from my grasp, leaving me feeling...hurt. I shouldn't have felt this way but I did. I couldn't help it.

"I lied to you. This doesn't end at midnight." He said in a monotone voice. Staring me in the eye with his cold and empty ones.

"What?" I would have been angry. I should have been. But I could tell how much he was hurting, and for some reason that hurt me... much more than it should have. "What do you mean? When does it end then?"

"In a weeks time. We have a room already booked in the meantime."

"What the fuck Hades? Why didn't you just tell me instead of lying to me!" I wasn't angry, just hurt. A taste of my own medicine I guess, everything that happened to me I deserved.

"Would you have come with me if I told you the truth?"

"No...but.. -That's not the point!"

"Yes Amelia. It is. I'm tired of fighting with you, can we just go to bed." He turned and started to leave, obviously not caring to see if I followed him or not.

We walked down the same halls I had been down earlier, only this time I began to notice the doors. I struggled to keep up with Hades pace, almost to the point of jogging. He stopped when he reached a dark oak door with a gold plated sign that read:
'BLACK THORN'

I followed him in like a lost puppy. How pathetic.
There was a large king size bed with deep crimson sheets, and the walls were painted a pristine cream.
The room had all the basic amenities that a person could possibly need for a weeks stay. Two large suitcases already lay open on the bed. One for him and one for me.

The thought that he secretly had his people rummage through my belongings in order to pack my stuff secretly made my blood boil, though I kept a plain face and didn't say a word.

Wait. There was only one bed.

There were two of us.
I wasn't sure wether I loved the idea of sharing with Hades or hated it.
My body loved the idea of it, my mind however raced with the thoughts of how were only fuck. Nothing more nothing less. I didn't want him to think that this meant something.

Thought deep down I already knew that we were in too deep for all of this to mean nothing. -But the longer I could deny it the better I would sleep.

He answered my question before I could even ask it. "You sleep in the bed, I'll go else where."

We changed in silence, facing opposite ways and not even looking at each other. I felt sad about how things had turned so stale so quickly. I didn't think that I regretted the kiss with Marus but I think I was only trying to make myself feel better. The truth was, it was a fucking despicable thing to do to Hades, it shouldn't have happened but it was too late now. Crying wouldn't do anything to change the situation.

Maybe he wasn't that bothered as he hadn't tried to bring the situation up in anyways? Maybe I was just imagining things and he had no clue. Except there was no way he could not know and I was kidding
myself if I thought otherwise.

I crawled into bed wearing nothing but a nightdress composed of scarlet silk and black lace.

Hades was gone by the time I had finished changing, his scent already fading from the air.

That night I tossed and turned, the hurting in my chest got worse the more I thought about it. So I tried not to.

I fell asleep alone.
-And I awoke alone.

***
Tbh this was one of my quicker chapters to write, the whole thing only took like and hour and a half and I'm not that mad at it for a change
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟