FOURTEEN|DAYS

"Amelia!"

"Amelia!"

"Fuck off," I snapped, making Sister Mary blanch back in shock,
"What did you just say?" She yelled, her brows creasing together and eyes narrowing like those of a snake about to attack, her words spitting venom.

I growled loudly at her impotence, "Do you want me to spell it for you?" I drawled, "I said, fu-"

There was a loud snapping sound as her palm flew through the air to connect with my cheek, the flash of pain like the vile kiss of a whip against my skin.

'KILL HER' The voice in my head screamed, the sound surrounding my ears like white noise.

'KILL HER'
'KILL HER'
'KILL HER'

My vision blurred and distorted until it was that of a monster, I was no longer in control, and there was nothing I could do...
Stray tears echoed as they patterned against the floor, from whom I could not tell.

I was blind to my own actions, my vision was red.

The only colour.

Just red.

The colour of the pure rage that engulfed my in it's waves, pulling me under, only resurfacing once that damage was already done.
Coaxing the guilt up from its depths, hidden deep below the mask of security.

That was the first time I blacked out.
-I have never quite been sure exactly what the outcome of that day was, or the doomed fate of Sister Mary, as when I resurfaced, I was in the hands of the law, being forced into the background a of a truck.

But whatever her fate, I have no regrets.

She deserved it.

***

It had been days since he had forcefully marked me,
It had been days since I was fully healed, and I was, at this point in time I was fully healed, physically at least.

Mentally- that was a whole different story, my mind kept spinning in circles, repeating those dreaded moments over and over again, like a permanent loop.

I spent my days locked in my room, I couldn't bare to face anyone, let alone him.

This, this isn't how mates should be.

"Amelia, please just open the door," Elaine called softly.

I didn't answer.

I hadn't spoken in days.
Hadn't eaten in days.
Hadn't moved.

I still sat in the same old chair facing the same large window in my room, day or night I sat there, unmoving and unfeeling.

This was not living, his was merely surviving.

When I was tied to that pole, I had starved myself within an inch of my life, and now I was determined to finish the job.

I just wanted to die, much to my wolf's protest.

She wanted nothing more then to run into the Alpha's arms, Sickening.

It disturbed me the way I carried on living, the things I valued, the little thoughts and memories that kept me relatively sane.

One of the main things that kept me going, was the memories of his touch, simple and aggressive though it may be.
I had never felt anything like it before, and I never would again so I might as well savour those few brisk moments before it's too late.

The door slowly clicked open as Elaine stepped in, I remained still and austere, not even sparing her a glance.

"You should really eat." She urged, placing a plate of food upon a table before me.

My eyes remained focused on the window in front of me, and what lay beyond it.
A lone black bird soared across the clear blue sky.
Several pack warriors circling each other in the fighting rings, before one pounced, tearing at the other with his teeth, that match was short lived to say the least.

A clear victor.

"Amelia, please... just say something, anything." Elaine begged, her face slightly pained.

I hesitated for a long moment before speaking.
"Trust... makes you weak." I choked, my voice hoarse and scratchy.

I watched, inwardly smirking as her face contorted into one of utter shock, however my facade remained cold and stony.

"I'm sorry that you think that way," She said mournfully, resting a manicured hand on my shoulder, "I'm sorry for everything you've been through Amelia, I truly am."

Lies.
She wasn't, people never truly cared.
They never tried too hard.
They only ever tried hard enough for you to bring down your walls and gain your trust, and then...
Everything would go to shit.

Been there.
Done that.

I had made a promise to myself, that I would never repeat that hell.

And I always kept my promises.
After all.

Trust takes years to build,
Seconds to break,
And forever to repair.

***
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟