TWENTYSIX|ALTUM

"You're late

"You're late." Emmet drawled, as I passed him on the field.

I rolled my eyes in reply, stepping forwards to join the other fighters.

I hadn't been back to training since my first day at the pack, but back then, I felt as though I had something to prove to these people.
Whereas now, I was just here to kick some ass and let out my frustration on others.

-Lovely, I know.

"Today, we're doing fights to determine who is and who isn't attending the annual ball." He paused for a moment, before meeting my eyes, "Only the top three fighters will be attending."

The air was filled by the murmurs of the others.

"This is the Altum ball we're talking about, right?" One girl drawled lazily from behind me, her voice strangely yet irritatingly familiar.

I turned to face the girl.

My blood turned cold.
My heart stopped beating.

How was this possible?

"Yes, every Alpha in the country will be attending, along with their Beta, Luna and top ranking warriors." Emmet said, though my eyes didn't leave the redhead before me, "So Amelia, you don't have to compete if you don't want to, you'll still be attending as the Luna."

'What the fuck...' I whispered, more to myself then my wolf.

'What the fuck indeed.' My wolf growled.

-Esmeralda.
This was impossible,
I killed her.

-I must have done...
She killed the child,
And in turn, I killed her.

I lost control, blacked out.
That's why I don't remember, but I'm sure I did, though I never found the bodies.

I turned back to face Emmet, it would look suspiciously if I kept staring at her for any longer.

She didn't even have a scratch on her, when I last saw her... her bones were broken, her hair matted with the blood of the child.

'Lycanthrope healing.' My wolf grumbled.

"What are we going to do?" I whispered to her through mind link, "What if she remembers that night?"

'If she remembers, then we kill her... And if she doesn't remember then we can still kill her anyways, but do it properly this time. However, she hasn't said anything yet obviously, or else we probably would have been exiled or executed.'