TWENTYEIGHT|RED

I stood in front of the broken mirror

Shards missing from the glass but just enough left to be able to see. There were muscles there that I couldn't see before in my arms, legs, and stomach, new definition contouring in my arms and thighs.
I pinched my side, where a layer of fat used to hint at curves to come. Nothing. The asylum had stolen whatever softness my body once had.

At least I am stronger than I was. I pulled my t-shirt back on, covering my body, and walked away from my harsh reflection.

I was no longer weak and frail. I could fight now.

When the door to my cell opened, it felt as though a weight had dropped into the pit of my stomach. The usual guards that would harass me, and some of the others, the ones not willing to participate in my torture, stood in the back corner, laughing amongst themselves.

They looked up, their dull eyes boring holes into my skin, they were snickering. The voice in my head growling and bearing her teeth at them.
Though a sharp, almost snark like laugh sounded higher than the rest of them, it belonged to a short man, balding and fat with a bulbous nose and deep set piggy eyes.

I walked to my bunk, trying to pretend like they weren't there, and fumbled around in the drawer under my bed for the makeshift knife I had crafted from a fragment of broken glass I had received from one of the other inmates in a trade. One hand clamped around the made shift blade I stood up, and right behind me was Piggy, breathing laboured breaths down my neck. Making the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

I jumped back, trying my best to conceal the shard behind my back and I tried to slip past him, but he slammed his hand against the wall behind me, blocking my path. I should have known he wouldn't let me get away that easily.

"Amelia, I didn't realise you were so...full figured." Every word that he spoke, is careful and manipulative felt like a knife in my chest.

"Get away from me." My voice was somehow steady, but low and dangerous from the emotions of the voice in my head.

"This isn't the orphanage, you know. No one has to fear you here. After all we're surrounded by Psychopaths."
His eyes travelled down my body, and bike rose in my throat but I swallowed the bitter taste, I wanted to gag. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears and feel the thrumming in my throat as the others inched closer, forming a pack behind Piggy.

This would be bad.
-Very, very bad

I had to get out of there, I could never win in a fight against all of them, even with my glass shard.