TWO|TRUST

"Who's that?" The new girl at the orphanage asked

"That's Amelia..." One of them snickered.
"But we don't talk to her, she's crazy" The other chimed in.

And they where right.
I am crazy
***

"Looks like I'm not the only one who belongs in a Luni-Bin." I smirked, staring into doctor O'Connor's dull grey eyes.

Unfazed and unmoving.

She was wrong.
-And she was almost as crazy as I was if she believed in werewolves.

Almost.

She lent forwards in her seat, and gave me a pleading look, "Amelia, I know you won't believe me at first, but I promise as soon as we get you out of here, I'll prove it to you."

I scoffed, "Whatever, I could do with a change of scenery."

"So you'll come with us?"

"Who is us?"

"If you agree, I will take you back to my pack, where you will become one of our members, and maybe even find your mate." She said rising from her seat and walking towards me.

"Mate?" I questioned, narrowing my eyes at her, "Sorry, but I don't do friends."

"Not that kind of mate. A Lycanthrope's mate. It's like a soulmate, the one you are destined to be with for the rest of your life, all Lycans have them... even if you don't meet your mate, I'm sure you'll make plenty of friends."

"Cringe." I drawl, rolling me eyes at the woman.
I didn't need friends.
The only companionship I would ever need was the voice in my head that was my supposed 'wolf.'

When I was younger, the other kids at the orphanage avoided me like the plague, they said I was crazy, even the adults noticed that bad things always seemed to happen around me.

It started off with just little things, some of the other kids would get hurt whilst playing around me or their belongings would go missing, only to be found burned to ashes in the woods days later.
But then when I turned fourteen the bad events that frequently occurred around me, begin to escalate.
I would get into fights with the other kids a lot, with them always coming off worse.
I didn't know my own strength.

I didn't realise how much I could hurt them.
But I relished their pain.
Because it gave me control.

"Everybody needs friends Amelia" She said, eyeing my cautiously, "Everybody needs someone they can trust."

I grit my teeth and clenched my fists against my restraints.
"Trust makes you weak"

She sighed, realising that she wasn't going to be able to convince me other wise.
"You'll learn to trust eventually, for now we need to focus on getting you out of here."

"Stay still so I can remove your restraints." She said biting her lip, and looking at me nervously.
I smirked , she was worried I was going to attack her.
-Like the animal I was.

The moment her fingers brushed against my skin, my vision went black, and anger raged deep within me. Like a volcano threatening to explode.

"Don't fucking touch me" I spat, as she lent down to undo the restraints fastened around my ankles, causing doctor O'Connor to furrow her eyebrows at me in confusion and back away slowly holding her hands up.

"I can free myself." I growled.
I jerked forwards, the metal restraints to snapping like twigs and clattering to the floor, releasing me from the chairs grasp.

No matter how many chains or how thick the bands were that they put around me, I could always break free, but sometimes... I let them believe that I couldn't escape, pulling them into a false sense of security around me, whilst I sat back and waited for the right time to strike.
-To kill.

I strained against my straitjacket, and I heard the familiar ripping as it tore apart at the seams, falling to the floor in a crumpled heap.

I cracked my neck and stretched out my arms, sitting in the same position every day for hours on end can seriously mess up your posture.

I didn't even glance over at the doctor as I walked over to the unlocked door, and yanked it open.
Stepping into the empty off-white hallway. The deranged screams of the other lunatics resonated through out the dull halls, making it impossible to escape the horrid sound.

They banged on their doors and reached malnourished arms through their bars as we passed, screaming curses and some speaking in tongues.

It was then that the alarm went off, a screeching wail, I grit my teeth against the noise, "We need to run." I yelled back to the doctor.

Our feet pounded along endless hallways and flew over stairs as we ran to find the nearest fire escape.

"They're over here!" A deep voice boomed from somewhere not to far off.
I threw myself against the fire escape door, the glass growing spider like cracks that climbed to every corner of the pane. The door flew open. I turned to the doctor, who handed me a large grey hoodie and a pair of ripped jeans that I slipped on quickly, my fingers quivering slightly with anticipation, my hood was pulled up, concealing my face.
As soon as the guards found out I had escaped the building, utter panic would closely follow. I grinned at the thought of the chaos.

The fresh air lapped at my face and I held my hand up to shield my eyes as we stepped out into the blinding midday sun, little things like that, that people didn't normally appreciate, where as valuable as gold to the people in the cells, never being able to breathe fresh air, or feel the sunshine warm their skin.

Doctor O'Connor ushered me into a shiny black car, she kept glancing back at the asylum as if expecting guards to come flooding out to stop us.

But no one came.
There wasn't a soul around, the parking lot was eerily empty. The only sound was the distant wailing of the alarm.

I climbed into the passenger seat, as the Doctor got into the driver seat, putting the key in the admission the engine instantly purred to life.

The wheels squealed in protest against the concrete as she sped out of the parking lot.

I was finally free

***
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟