THIRTYTHREE|GONE

He held me after they had done with me

He didn't care that I was used, He didn't care that I was tainted.

"Why don't we run away together?" The words flew past my lips, though my brain hadn't fully comprehended the enormity of my suggestion.

"We can't."

I stared at him through red rimmed and tear stained eyes.

"Why not? We could do it tonight." I sat up, grasping onto his arm, trying to desperately to convey my need to leave this shit hole. I couldn't take it any longer. "We could leave. We would be gone before anyone even notices. We could really do it you know."

He sighed, his thick eyebrows drawn low over his pale blue eyes, as he ran a hand through my raven hair, seemingly frustrated at something. "We just... can't."

Frustration began to ball in my chest, the feeling of a scream being compressed within me had me clawing at the edges of my sanity, desperate to stay calm.
"But why not!" I hissed, gripping his arm tighter, "I can't take it here any longer, I'm leaving either way, whether you're with me or not!"

"Amelia, you don't understand. It's not that simple-"

"-But it is! I don't see what your problem is, I love you and that's all there is to it, I need you by my side. Why can't we just leave?"

His reply was so quiet I almost didn't hear it, "Because someone else will love you more than I ever could."

That night somebody drugged me, I slept the whole night through, unable to leave the asylum for I was locked deep beneath the cage of sleep.

That night he left, without me.
He left me.

After that they upped security, armed guards constantly patrolled the boarders edge. I never found another opportunity to escape after that.
Well at least, before Elaine.

***

"Please behave whilst we're here." Hades ordered, his voice heavy and serious.

I scoffed, "I'll try."

I felt a slight pang within me that he would even think to say such a thing, even though at the same time I could completely understand, it didn't mean I wanted to obey him however.

"I'm serious Amelia." He rumbled, his grip tightening ever so slightly on the steering wheel. "Every Alpha and Luna in the continent will be attending and we are representing the pack. A disunited leadership would leave us open for attack. If these men see an opening for a war, they'll take it."

It made no difference to me if these imbecilic men decided to fight over some grass for the ability to call it theirs.

I watched out of the car window as the trees blurred into a singular monotonous green line.

I hummed a distant tune that I hadn't heard in many years, not since Marus left me.
He used to sing it to me when I would cry after the guards.

My head was warm
My skin was soaked
I called your name
'Til the fever broke

When I awoke
The moon still hung
The night so black
That the darkness hums

I raised myself
My legs were weak
I prayed my mind
Be good to me

An awful noise
Filled the air
I heard a scream
In the woods somewhere

A woman's voice
I quickly ran
Into the trees
With empty hands

A fox it was
He shook afraid
I spoke no word
No sound he made

His bones exposed
His hind was lame
I raised a stone
To end his pain

What caused the wound?
How large the teeth?
I saw new eyes
Were watching me

The creature lunged
I turned and ran
To save a life
I didn't have

Deer in the chase
There as I flew
I forgot all prayers
Of joining you

I clutched my life
And wished it kept
My dearest love
I'm not done yet

How many years
I know I'll bare
I found something
In the woods somewhere

By the time I had done the car was stationary, Hades opened my door for me as I slid out of the vehicle.

The building before us was bigger than I could have possible ever imagined. Large white stone pillars held the four story building, whilst windows looked like eyes upon the lush grounds.

I took a deep breath, smoothing out the front of my dress. Nerves began to gnaw at the knot in my stomach, filling me with unease.

"Here we go I guess."

***
Sorry for the short chapter but the next few will be a bit longer and better hopefully xx
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟