TWENTYFOUR|HATE

"Slut

"Slut."

"Why don't you open your legs for us, slut?"

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words would never hurt me.

Hold it back.
Hold it all back and carry on, don't let your anger get the best of you.
Don't let your selfish rage affect the innocent.

But they weren't innocent.

They were monsters.

The monsters that returned to taunt me every night as I slept.

It was true what they said...
There was no rest for the wicked.
-No secret Eden to hideaway from all that I have made, the madness of this world always under my nose with no escape from it's rotten stench.

The scent of hatered.
The same smell I used to relish, but now had came to hate.

Everything always boiled down to hate in the end.

"Stop it!"

Their hands on my body, with no way to shove them off, I was paralysed. Trapped in the insanity of my own mind.

Fingers, splayed over the exposed skin of my collar, slipping to wrap around my neck like a snake, coiling it's way tighter and tighter, constricting my airways until I could no longer breathe.

***

My hands fumbled over my throat, as I gulped and spluttered raged breathes.
I couldn't breathe,
I could breathe.
I couldn't.

My uneven breathes matched the rapid and misplaced beats of my heart, thundering at it's walls, pounding like a drum in my ears.

My dreams always made me remember...
-Remember that no matter how hard I tried, I could never forget the past.

I could deny that it affected me, but that, in all it's entirety would be a lie.

-A complete and utter lie.

Their words.
Their touch.
They hurt.

More so now than at the time of infliction, as they had time to fester and multiply with the anxiety that bubbled up deep inside of me, like a rage just waiting to explode.

"Amelia?" Called a soft voice, and I turned to see Elaine standing with her head poked through the door, not quite entering the room as she knew I liked my privacy, "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine." I snapped, calming my erratic heartbeat and adjusting myself slightly on the bed, shifting my position so that I could get up quickly if needed.

"That's Good, but the Alpha's coming, so I'd get dressed quickly, if I were you." She said nervously before disappearing back behind the door, shutting it softly as she left.

Alpha?
Hades, he was no Alpha, not to me anyways.
As for what we did last night... it didn't mean anything.

It was a spur of the moment thing, and no feelings or ties were involves whatsoever, I just hoped that he would understand that, otherwise our 'little arrangement' would have to come to an end.

Suddenly, I was pulled out of my thoughts rather abruptly by the door flying open, and Hades striding in angrily, wearing nothing but a pair of sweat pants that were riding dangerous low on his hips.

"What the hell was that!" He demanded, and it was then I noticed the way his raven hair was still tousled by sleep, he wasn't the only one that had only just woken up.

"What was what?" I scowled, pulling the silk covers higher up to cover my chest. I wasn't naked, just uncomfortable with his presence, especially the way he looked right now. It had my wolf begging for repeats of what happened at the party.

"You couldn't breathe, don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about Amelia, I felt your fear," He sneered, edging slightly closer to the bed.

"It's impossible for you to feel anything I feel," I growled, "Hades, don't you get it, I don't feel."

"Bullshit."

"Get out." I growled, narrowing my eyes at the man, my heart surreptitiously skipping a beat.

"When are you going to give up this act Amelia? Besides, I know you, we completed the mating bond last night, so I can feel everything that you feel. Every emotion, every touch."

"You know nothing about me!" I snarled,
How could he? A bond meant nothing.
He said he could feel my emotions,
He said he could feel every touch that I felt.

But he couldn't read my past, he couldn't know.
-he could never know.

"I may not know everything." He said, a spark of something unreadable in his eyes, "But let me promise you this, I will find out, and when I do... I'll find out everything."

"Good luck to you then." I spat, sarcasm laced tightly around my tongue.

"I meant what I said Amelia." He said, his lip twitching slightly into a snarl, his wolf didn't appreciate being openly disrespected, especially by his own mate.

"-And I meant what I said as well, good luck to you... you'll need it."

***
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟