Chapter 8: Pitch Black

There was no way out.  Pitch blackness in all directions as it had been since Day 1.

I was getting tired of being locked up with the same schedule every day.

I played around with the torn off fabric on my shoes while I awaited a person to bring me breakfast, then I slept because no matter what I tried my body seemed to lack strength by the bare minimum that was being given to me everyday. A fruit, a handful of beans maybe some juice if I was lucky. Every moment that passed by seemed to drain me of my energy.

My mouth felt dry, my lips chapping from the lack of hydration. 

Every inch of my body felt like it was frozen.

And at the end of the day I would receive a daily observance from the non-killer, strangely confusing man himself to top off my day. At some points I wondered why I was being kept here, but in others I just wanted it all to end. 

A few days ago I could return his intensity with equal power, but now, now I just looked at him, blankly.

I coughed a bit into my sleeve of my shirt as my head dropped backwards. How long had I even been locked up in here?

My eyes skimmed past my now, too -familiar surroundings. The ground seemed to be my only friend. So, I allowed my body to slide onto the cold surface and I rested my eyes. Because tomorrow would be another rather uneventful day that I should look forward to.

_________________________________________________________

Hoseok's POV

"I told you to protect her" he hissed into the phone

I looked out to the girl who was now lying lifeless on the cold floor.

"I can only do so much" I hissed through the phone, as I slowly began losing my patience

"But Hoseo-"

"she needs to be strong too"  I told the man on the phone before hanging up.

This was all for her own good. I sighed as I peered into the door window one last time. And of course, I shut it closed 

leaving her in the darkness once again.

How long was I to hold her hostage like this. Days have passed by, yet she was still here. They all still were. For a friend we are willing to go through dark depths to fulfill their wishes, yet when it comes to our own wants and needs, we set them aside. When was it going to be the day that I didn't walk around, a mindless slave for everyone. When was it going to be my turn to take my life into my own hands.

I shook my head as I thought of the girl who had tried to kill me the moment she saw me. A simple word, a simple thought, telling her, Go he's the one who killed your precious Taehyung

But, oh how much she was missing

"Sir" a deep voice came up behind me

"What" I said running my hands through my hair. My face was stubborn and unwilling to give the person a light smile. My gun was still in my right hand...

"We seemed to have lost track of Seokjin...he's on his own now"The mad was fidgeting with his ring, the one his wife had recently slid onto his finger as he did for her.

Shit. 

I slammed my fist into the wall and  ran my hand through my hair as I looked from one corner of the room to another. 

"I promised that no harm would come to them, what have you done?!" I practically screamed, forgetting what control really meant.

_________________________________________________________

Y/N's POV

I woke up at the sound of a loud voice just outside my door.

"You will find him. and you will find him soon" my heart dropped as I recognized it almost immediately.

It was Hoseok's voice...

"But sir the tracking device has fallen off of him" the other man stuttered frantically

"I said.." his voice was deep and frightening. A cold edge to every word that was being spoken

"You will" Hoseok's voice lowered

"Find him."

Footsteps retraced the path they had arrived in and no sound came into the room after that. Another quiet day had begun, one where I fell to the floor again for comfort... a day where I was too tired to ask questions...to understand which man they may have been talking about...to tired to even stay conscious.

______________________________________________________

Namjoon's POV

"Where's Seokjin" Namjoon hissed as they pushed him onto his knees

"You told me you would free him" he whipped his head in between the men who didn't speak up to any of his questions

"Should've never reasoned with that.." I began cursing

"That what? Namjoon" Namjoon looked up as Hoseok appeared in front of him. The lights were startling bright in that room. A sharp contrast to the deeply maroon colored room. 

"I said you could save yourself or your friends didn't I?"

Hoseok looked to the right and then back at me

"There's only one small job you would have to do."

"One small job?" I remarked

"You said as long as you could keep me for the rest of my life you would let them go. I am not going to be your killer" I spat out, my head whipping away from the people that were trying to guard me.

My eyes were burning one who is not honorable is not worth the time.

I yanked my hands away from the men behind me and threw a punch at Hoseok's jaw. He immediately flinched back and held a hand to his face.

His men were already around me trying to keep me under their power once again. I resisted. 

Kicks and punches, half towards me, the others reciprocated with equal strength towards them.

"ENOUGH" Hoseok's voice rang through the violence

He flicked the blood off of his cheek and his hand came to my throat, pushing me up against the wall as if my resistance didn't mean anything. His hands were shaking as they attempted to hold me up long enough for him to speak, but immediately failed him as I was too heavy.

"I never asked you to kill anybody you ass" he said through his clenched teeth

"I need your help.... To keep Y/N safe."

_______________________________________________________