Chapter 4: Lies and Departures

Yoongi

"Yah! another business trip?"Yoongi spoke as he washed the vegetables in the kitchen. It was almost night time and Y/N was going to come over soon for dinner. He quickly spilled out the water he had used to clean the food and made his way over to the drawers that contained the knives and the kitchen utensils.

"It's in three days" the man on the other end confirmed.

"Mm and when will you come to visit me?" Yoongi demanded as he began cutting the vegetables.

The man laughed "hopefully never" he retorted

Yoongi let out a heart felt chuckle at this as well.

The doorbell rang in the distance. "Ah sorry, I've gotta go..my friend is here but we'll catch up later?"

"Of course!" the man on the other end said

Yoongi hung up the phone and wiped his sweaty hands on his apron. He quickly ran over to the door and unlocked it, his hand coming around the door knob as he was about to open it.

The slow twist of his wrist and the entryway of the one and only yourself felt like it happened over the span of quite a few days as the door just wouldn't open.

"Yooooonggggsssss!" You called out, growing impatient from the other end of the door, 

" I know you're in there!" you spoke again

You could hear Yoongi's warm laughter from the other end of the door as it slightly cracked open. He undid the chain and let you in fully

"Sorry about that" he said scratching behind his head

You attempted to smile at him but for all you knew your acting failed miserably. Yoongi's grin was immediately replaced with a look of concern and right after disgust.

Huh? You raised an eyebrow

He mirrored you including your smug posture

You straightened up but couldn't help but crack a genuine smile no matter what you were going to have to do in a few days

"Ahh there's my Y/N" Yoongi said opening his arms to you

You gladly accepted the hug as you walked further into his house

"So what's for dinner" you said rubbing your hands together. You peeked your head into the kitchen, though Yoongi normally hated whenever you did that, especially when dinner wasn't done.

Your eyes widened and your jaw dropped

"YOU HAVEN'T EVEN COOKED ANYTHING YET" you said turning to Yoongi

You could see him hiding a smile. You scrunched your nose and stood with your arms crossed

"All you do is eat" Yoongi said rolling his eyes "Take just a five minute break while I finish up"

"Hmm. whatever" You plopped onto the couch and turn on the televisionAll of the channels were korean dramas that you had already watched. One channel after the next. Everything was so old. You sighed as you turned the TV off and stretched yourself, the side of your shirt rising up a bit. Your hands came down beside you again as you observed Yoongi's apartment.

Sheet music was spread across his small coffee table. You smiled as you picked up some of the piano music. You could see the elegant instrument in your mind as you walked slowly up to it. Smoothing down your skirt, you would sit down and slide your fingers over the keys. If only..

You shook your head and stared down at the sheet music one more time lyrics were written beneath them..Yoongi wrote lyrics? As if on cue, he snatched the papers out of your hand.