Chapter Thirty Five

Start from the beginning

"We are going to be a family of four" Ariella said as she reached over and took his hand.

"I can't wait" Dalton lifted her hand to his lips.

It was the day of the engagement party. They had spent two days with Dalton and Ariella's family going out for lunches and spending time at both the houses. Aaron and Elaine had kept Elisha over last night and they were going to bring her over today.

"Dalton the party is going to start soon" Ariella smacked his chest as she tried to push him back.

"We have sufficient time" Dalton smirked as he backed her against a wall.

"Seriously, Reynolds. Get ready"

Dalton had just stepped out of the shower after unsuccessful attempts at getting Ariella to "shower" with him.

"Fine."

"Don't do that"

"What?"

"Like I just did the worst thing ever"

"You did"

Ariella narrowed her eyes at him while Dalton burst out laughing. She stomped into the shower and locked the door.

"Like that will keep me out" Dalton called out earning a yell in response.

Dalton clipped on his cufflinks. They were custom made and platinum with a 'D' interlinked with an 'A'. Ariella had gifted to him as an engagement present along with an emerald tie.

Dalton knotted his tie and adjusted the lapels of his charcoal grey suit.

"Ari, I am going downstairs, I will come and get you soon" Dalton knocked on the washroom door.

"Okay" came her reply.

Dalton closed the bedroom door and headed downstairs. Some of the guests had started arriving. He greeted people and talked business with some of his father's friends, accepting congratulations.

"Dadda!"

Dalton's face lit up as he saw Elisha running towards him with Aaron and Elaine behind her.

"Hey, there's my girl" he lifted her and hugged her, kissing her chubby cheeks.

"Hello Dalton" Aaron patted his back and Dalton leaned in and kissed Elaine's cheek.

"I am good. Thank you"

"Where is Ari?" Elaine asked

"She is getting ready." Dalton replied as he removed Elisha's hand from his tie.

"No baby" He adjusted her so she was facing the front.

Kate walked up to them.

"G..go get Ariella." She said as she held her hands out for Elisha.

"Okay"

Dalton opened the door to their bedroom and his jaw dropped to the floor.

Ariella looked stunning in her emerald green gown.