Bonus Chapter: Sullivan

[published April 2018]

I tried re-designing Penny's face and hair, now I need to do her clothes! XD

I have an important a/n at the end, please read c:

----

Sullivan walked through the ruins of Ophiuchus, his dark hair blowing in the wind. It was dead silent, the only sound coming from the occasional gust of wind and the cracking of broken buildings.

The dark gray clouds had rolled in shortly after the explosion, leaving all of Ophiuchus in darkness. Not one building was fully standing; everything was in ruins. The survivors were evacuated and taken hostage a while after the explosion, so not a single person was left in the empty country.

Sullivan kicked the rubble away from his feet, continuing through the ruins. He stopped in his tracks as a baby's cry could be heard from afar, his eyes widening and lips parting. He turned his head, looking around to find the source of the sound. He shook his head, turning back around and continuing through the rubble.

Sullivan stopped once again after hearing a second cry; realizing not one, but two babies had been left behind. He clenched his eyes shut for a second and balled his fists, fighting the urge to turn around as the babies continued crying.

"Bloody hell," he muttered under his breath before opening his eyes again, turning around and quickly walking in the direction of the crying. With one swift movement of his arms, all the rubble had been pushed to the sides, creating a pathway to the sound. The movement created a gust of wind, causing Sullivan to cover his face with his arm as he continued towards the noise.

He removed his arm from his face, revealing two babies a few feet away from his. He hurried towards them, stopping once he had reached them. They seemed to be twins, and were both wrapped in each their blanket with the Ophiuchus sign on them.

Sullivan's cold heart couldn't help but sting at the sight of them crying helplessly, lost and alone. Sullivan took a moment to look around, going through his options before mentally cursing himself, looking back over at the twins.

He bent over, gently picking them up, making sure to be as gentle as possible as he stood back up straight. Both babies quieted, looking up at Sullivan with big, curious eyes as they stopped crying.

"Hey," Sullivan said softly, making sure he didn't startle them. He failed to hold back a smile as he looked down at the twins with gentle eyes.

"I'm gonna bring you two with me, ok?" He continued, a small smile on his face as he looked down at them. The girl smiled and the boy let out a giggle, causing Sullivan's expression to soften even more.

"I promise I'll protect you," Sullivan said, holding the babies tightly into his chest as he turned around. He made a slight movement with his head, moving all the ruins to both sides to create a path for him, before walking with both children in his arms.

--

"Pardon me your majesty, but what exactly are you doing?" One of the guards asked, watching as Sullivan walked down the corridor with the two twins in his arms.

"What do you think?" He replied nonchalantly, continuing down the corridor until he had reached a large room. He wasn't fully acquainted with his new home, having just taken over queen Claireen's castle. The room was empty, with midnight blue walls. Several guards had followed him, probably around 15.

Sullivan conjured a baby blue crib, gently placing the twins in it. The guards watched confusedly, it was weird seeing someone as cold-hearted as Sullivan being that gentle.

"Your Majesty," one of the guards started. "With all due respect, how do you expect to take care of not one, but two children?"

"That's my concern," Sullivan said, before turning his head to the guard. "Now go make yourself useful."

"But your Majesty," the guard continued, walking up to him. With a swish of Sullivan's arm, a cut appeared across the guard's neck. He choked on blood before falling to the ground, dead, as the remaining guards watched in horror.

"If anyone else tries to get near these two, you'll be met with the same fate," Sullivan snapped, glaring at his guards as he played with a flame in his hand intimidatingly. "Now leave me alone."

All the guards instantly rushed out the door, closing it behind them and leaving Sullivan alone with the two babies. He rested his arms on the crib, looking down at the twins. He ran a finger down one of the twin's cheek, a small smile crossing his lips.

"I promise I'll protect you," he whispered,

"no matter what."

----

There was originally more to this, but it was a spoiler so I cut it out XD Anyway, I just wanted you guys to know that I've been working really hard on this book lately, trying to plan everything out and get the plot right, but I'm struggling 'cause I'm really low on ideas :p

If anyone has any ideas at all for this book, please let me know! ^^

I actually have a draft here dedicated to my ideas, and I'm currently at 78 random ideas lmao, I just don't know how to get it all on paper :') Also, I'm planning on getting back on this book over summer vacation, it's just sort of on hold until then ^^;

But yeah, feel free to either leave a comment or send me a private message if you have any ideas, you'll get the credit for it! You'll really be helping me out with this book! ^-^

- Kate