Chapter 6: Arrows & Poison

[Published July 16th 2017]

It's a little over midnight here but I couldn't wait to publish this XD

----

"Do we have everything packed?" Penny asked, looking over at Sam and Emilia, who both nodded. Penny sent a smile before flinging her backpack over her shoulder. They brought normal necessities like snacks, water and their phones.

"Ok, let's go!" Penny continued, before heading out of the Water Sign girls' bedroom, Emilia following behind. Sam stood still for a moment, holding her stomach with a worried expression, like she knew something was wrong.

"Sam?" Penny asked, looking over at the black-haired girl. Sam looked over at Penny, her eyes half closed as she struggled to keep them open. Sam could feel the floor move under her feet as she felt herself falling over, but Penny managed to catch her before she reached the ground.

"Sam?!" Sam looked up at the brunette with tired eyes, before everything turned black.

--

"Oh my God..."

Penny couldn't stop her jaw from dropping as she and Emilia reached the infirmary; at least half of the students were unconscious on each their bed. Nurses rushed around, taking tests on them to figure out what was wrong.

Penny walked up to the nurse by Sam's bed, seeing she was looking over a chart.

"What's going on?" Emilia asked (in Caitlin's form).

"We're not sure," the nurse replied, looking up from the chart in her hands. "We think it's some kind of poison."

"P-poison...?" Penny asked, her eyes widening as she felt tears forming in fear of losing Sam, let alone half her class.

"We think something was put in the food," the nurse continued. "But whatever it is, it can't kill. From what it looks like, it only puts the victim in a coma." The nurse sent a warm smile to Penny to calm her.

"I'm sure they're ok," she said reassuringly, before putting away the chart to check out the other unconscious students.

"Why would anyone want to poison a bunch of students but not kill them...?" Penny wondered, looking over at the poor victims. An idea crossed Emilia's mind, causing her eyes to widen as she looked over at the small brunette.

"To stall..." Emilia replied. "I think Sullivan's up to something."

"He's trying to buy time..." Penny thought out loud, looking over at Emilia fearfully. "We need to get Caitlin now!" Penny continued, before running out of the infirmary.

"Wait up, Penny!" Emilia called after her, running after. "Is now the best time to have a rescue mission?!"

"Yes," Penny answered as they ran down the hallway. "His focus will be here, not on Caitlin!" Penny ran into the Water Signs' dorm, grabbing her book bag before running out of the dorm and down the hall.

"How will we even get there?!" Emilia asked, following close behind. Penny continued to the lobby, running outside. She continued to the back of the school, where several private planes and cars were located.

Penny looked over at Emilia. "Can you fly a plane?"

Emilia smirked in response. "Of course."

--

"So, I have good news and bad new," Lance explained as he placed Caitlin down on a big rock gently. Caitlin sent him a look as to tell him to continue.

"Good news is that we're far enough from Zodiac High to be safe from Sullivan," Lance started, sitting down on a rock across from Caitlin. His breathing was heavy after running with Caitlin over his shoulder for a long time. "Bad news is that we're lost."