Chapter 7: Accidental Runaway

[published July 23rd 2017]

I changed male Cancer's name from Cameron to Connor, just so you all know XD

Aaand the picture above is Olivia and Owen, drawn by me :3

----

"Why are you landing here?" Penny asked confusedly, looking over at Emilia.

"We can't get too close to Zodiac High, Sullivan would notice us," Emilia explained, keeping her eyes locked in front of her as she drove the plane. "We don't want a fight, we just need to sneak in, break Caitlin out and sneak back out without Sullivan even knowing."

Penny nodded in response as Emilia landed the plane, before they unbuckled themselves. Emilia had landed right in front of the forest that lead to Zodiac High.

"How are we even gonna find our way through the forest?" Penny asked.

"I have some skills when it comes to these kind of things," Emilia explained, smiling confidently at the brunette. "I've lived in forests basically all my life, I know how to navigate around."

Penny smiled, nodding in response.

"We've landed?" A cheerful voice asked from behind.

Penny let out a small squeal as she and Emilia jumped, turning around quickly to see the source of the voice.

"Connor?!"

A boy with slightly messy blonde hair and dark brown eyes was standing in the cockpit, stretching his arms out and yawning.

"What are you doing here?!" Penny asked, standing up from her seat and walking towards the small boy.

"I just wanted to nap," he replied, smiling sheepishly at the brunette in front of him.

"In a plane?!"

Connor shrugged. "It was a good nap."

Penny let out a loud sigh as Emilia facepalmed, before standing up and standing beside Penny.

"Well, you stay here, Emilia and I will be back in a day or two. There's snacks in the--"

"No," Connor interrupted, bawling his fists determinedly as he looked right at Penny. "I wanna help!" His cheeks were puffed out cutely out of stubbornness.

"You don't even know what we're here to do--"

"You're here to save Caitlin," Connor pointed out. "Why else would you be here?" He tilted his head to the side cutely, strands of his blonde hair falling into his eyes as he smiled at Penny.

Emilia grabbed her book bag, throwing it over her shoulder as she opened the door to the plane, walking out.

"Come," Emilia said with her back facing the two Water Signs, causing Connor to jump up excitedly and grin widely as he hurried out of the plane. Penny puffed her cheeks stubbornly before grabbing her book bag and following the two out of the plane.

"Do you have any useful powers?" Emilia asked, looking over at the blonde boy who looked away, tilting his head slightly as he held his chin in thought.

"Well, I can heal a bit, but I'm not as good as Caitlin," he explained, pouting slightly. "I can't conjure water like Penny, but I can manipulate already existing water!"

"That could come in handy," Emilia replied, keeping her eyes on the road in front of her.

"Oh, and, um," Connor started, looking over at Emilia. "Who are you?"

The sound of Penny facepalming could be heard loud and clear.

--

"Psst! Caitlin!"