Chapter 3: Teacher's Lounge

[published June 27th 2017]

Picture above is Lilliana, but imagine her hair a bit lighter ^~^

----

"You were right," Emilia said into her phone, looking around cautiously. She had locked herself in the bathroom to her dorm, running the water from the sink so no one would hear her. "A war's coming, and it's coming soon."

"Great," Sullivan replied. Emilia could basically feel his smirk through the phone. "Did you figure anything else out?"

"Not yet," she replied.

"What about your whereabouts?"

"I don't know, the headmistress never told us," Emilia explained, leaning against the counter next to the sink.

"Good thing I put a tracker in you."

Emilia almost fell over in shock, choking on air in the process. "You what?!"

"Relax, I put it in your arm while you were asleep," Sullivan explained.

"Creep..." Emilia muttered under her breath, causing Sullivan to chuckle slightly .

"Is anyone onto you?"

"I don't think so," Emilia replied.

"Good," Sullivan said. "Keep it that way."

A knock came from outside the bathroom, causing Emilia to jump. She instantly hung up in fear of someone hearing Sullivan. "Caitlin?"

Emilia quickly turned off the water and took a quick breath before opening the bathroom door with a smile. A certain brunette with navy blue eyes was standing on the other side. She looked at Emilia with concern and confusion spread across her face.

"Were you talking with someone?" Penny asked, tilting her head slightly.

"No, what gave you that idea?" Emilia laughed, mostly out of nervousness.

"I thought I heard someone talking..."

"You must be hearing things," Emilia laughed. "You getting old, Penny?"

Penny's heart dropped; she did it again...

"Are you ok?" Penny asked softly, bringing the back of her hand to Caitlin's forehead, thinking she was sick.

"I'm fine," Emilia insisted, slapping Penny's hand away and smiling reassuringly. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"You've been acting differently..." Penny pointed out. "You keep calling me Penny instead Pisces..."

"It's nothing," Emilia explained, chuckling nervously. "I just realized it's about time I grew out of that habit." Emilia let out another nervous chuckle, as Penny looked at her in slight suspicion. She looked a little farther down, noticing who she thought was Caitlin playing with her necklace again. She was twirling it around her fingers.

"I've never seen you wear that necklace before," Penny pointed out as she reached out to grab the necklace, only to have Emilia turn away harshly out of fear.

"No!" She exclaimed, a little louder than planned. Her eyes instantly widened after she realized what she had done. She turned back to Penny with a firm grip on her necklace.

She let out a nervous laugh. "I just don't want anyone to break it."

"I'll be gentle," Penny insisted as she reached for the necklace again, only to have Emilia turn away slightly again.