Chapter 5: Lance

[published July 9th 2017]

Made some more Owen drawings lol, sad Owen accidentally got too small TwT

----

Caitlin crawled over to the unconscious body, seeing he was wearing a guard suit, specifically Sullivan's guard suit. She brought two fingers to the man's neck, gasping as she didn't find a pulse. She moved away in fear, until she felt her back come in contact with something hard and cold, having reached the wall. She almost failed to notice the pool of blood around his stomach.

"Fucking brutal."

Caitlin let out a gasp as she looked to her side, seeing a boy standing on the other side of the cell. He was leaned up against the brick wall with crossed arms, an unamused look crossed over his face. He had pitch black hair and dark eyes, along with mostly black clothes.

"W-who are you?" Caitlin asked. The guy stood up from his previous position, walking over to Caitlin's cell and grabbing a hold of one of the bars. A smirk stretched across his face as he looked down at Caitlin.

"I'm the guy that's gonna get you out."

--

Penny, Sam and Emilia waited anxiously as a ringing noise could be heard from Emilia's phone. They waited, until a "hello" was heard through the phone. Emilia brought the phone up to her face, replying with a "hello".

"Found anything interesting?" Sullivan asked.

"No, but I have a problem..." Emilia lied. "Margaret found out about me..."

"What?!"

"A-and she's gonna kill me if you don't hand back Caitlin..." Emilia continued, faking her sadness to trick Sullivan. Emilia looked over at Penny and Sam, seeing Penny giving her a thumbs up.

"Is she in the room with you right now?" Sullivan asked.

"Yeah."

"Put me on speaker."

Emilia looked over at the Water Sign girls, before putting the speaker on and placing her phone on the coffee table.

"Kill her."

Everyone's expressions instantly dropped in shock.

"W-wait--!" Emilia was cut off as a loud beep was heard, meaning Sullivan had hung up. Everyone was quiet for a moment, consumed by shock. Emilia stood up in anger, balling her fists.

"He was just gonna leave me here to die!" She yelled. "I can't believe it...!"

"Well, it is Sullivan..." Sam pointed out.

"Screw him," Emilia spat, before sitting back down and looking at Penny and Sam determinedly. "I'll help you get Caitlin back."

--

"Why do you want to help me?" Caitlin asked.

"That's a story for another time, for now I need you to check the guard for keys," the mystery boy replied.

"Are you crazy?!" Caitlin exclaimed. "I'm not touching him!"

"You wanna get out, don't you?"

Caitlin let out a "hmph", before moving over to the dead guard. She internally gagged as she started checking his clothes for keys. She breathed out in relief as she found them in his pants pocket.

"Great, now hand them to me!" The boy said, hanging out his hand through the bars for Caitlin to place them in.

"Why should I do that?" Caitlin asked suspiciously. "Why should I trust you?"