Chapter 11: Weak

[published August 20th]

Picture above is Stefan! ^~^ His hair is supposed to be less blue though lol

----

"How much longer do we have to walk?"

Emilia sighed, keeping her eyes in front of her as Connor was slouched over and walking sloppily. Penny walked farther behind, her eyes locked on the ground in front of her.

"We might need to set up camp and continue walking tomorrow," Emilia explained.

"No way!" Penny suddenly yelled. Connor couldn't help but jump a little, it was the first time she had spoken in hours. "I'm not gonna rest until I get her back!"

"Penny," Emilia started and turned around to give the brunette her full attention, but Penny only continued walking past her, an angry look on her face.

"That's not smart, you can't navigate through the woods when it's pitch black," Emilia continued, watching as Penny continued deeper into the woods.

"I don't care," Penny said through clenched teeth. Connor was shocked, he had never seen his friend like this before.

"Penny--"

Connor was cut off as a small spear was thrown at Penny, cutting her arm before getting stuck in a tree. She let out a pained whimper as she fell on her knees, clutching her injured arm.

"Penny!" Connor was about to rush towards the brunette when Emilia stopped him, putting an arm in front of him as another spear came from the side, almost hitting Connor. Emilia let it pass before removing her arm, looking in the direction the spear came from. A guy like the people they had fought before rushed towards them, a large knife in his hand.

Emilia jumped in front of Connor, kicking the guy where the sun doesn't shine. He bent over in pain, giving Emilia the opportunity to knee him in the face. He fell back a bit before Emilia gave him a kick to the stomach, causing him to hit his back on a tree behind him and get knocked out.

Several other people had surrounded them, Emilia took most of them on, fighting three at a time. Connor was about to rush to Penny who was still on her knees clutching her arm, when a guy jumped in front of him.

Connor managed to duck in time as the guy swung his knife, standing back up to give him a punch to the face. Emilia swung one of the people she was fighting into the guy Connor was fighting, causing both to fall to the ground as she continued to fight two others. More people appeared around the duo.

Penny stood up, ignoring the pain in her arm as she held her hands in front of her despite the pain, creating water in her palms. The water grew bigger, but dropped to the ground as a hand was placed on her injury, gripping it hard as she cried out in pain.

She looked to the side and saw one of the people had gotten a hold of her. She barely had time to blink as he moved behind her, holding a knife to her neck.

"Retreat!" The guy yelled, causing everyone to stop. A dark purple portal opened up behind him, and all the people that had attacked the three ran to it before jumping through it.

"Penny!" Connor yelled and reached out for the brunette. He was about to run to her, but stopped after seeing the expression she had given him. She kept a completely serious face despite the tears forming in her eyes.

"Don't," she said as she looked at Connor dead in the eyes, before disappearing.

Connor and Emilia were left frozen, Connor stood in shock as he couldn't comprehend what had happened.