Prologue

He blinked the tears out of his eyes, panting as he ran down the long corridors. A look of utter panic was spread across his face after what he had just witnessed.

"Come on!" His sister yelled, grabbing onto his hand and pulling him with her. She looked equally scared as her brother, but fought through it and instead kept running. "W-we've gotta tell the others!"

He nodded, even though he knew she wasn't watching, and picked up his pace to run beside his sister. Soon enough, the large, wooden double-doors were in sight. The siblings pushed open the door together, the brother bending over and panting as the sister quickly shut it again.

Twenty two pairs of eyes turned to look at the siblings.

"What's wrong?!" The princess of Cancer was the first to run over to her friends, worry and concern obvious in her features as she put a reassuring hand on the brother's back, who was still panting and trying to catch his breath.

"Th-they're dead!" The sister — princess of Pisces — put her hands over her mouth to cover her sobs, tears running freely down her cheeks as the siblings of Cancer and Scorpio rushed to calm her and her brother down so they could explain what had happened.

Prince of Aquarius, the leader, instantly stood up. "Who's dead? And where's the Ophiuchus siblings?"

"H-he got them," the brother chocked up, looking up at the Aquarius siblings from his crouched-over position, tears streaming down his cheeks as he failed to blink them away.

The Pisces siblings had seen everything, being neighbors of Ophiuchus — the last country in Zodiac. One second it was fine, next there was a big explosion coming from the castle of Ophiuchus before everything turned to complete chaos.

"He got Queen Claireen, too." Margaret — the second in command after the queen — jumped in, suddenly appearing in the middle of the room after teleporting. She had a stern expression as she glanced at each of the remaining princes and princesses. "And you're next."

"W-we have to do something!" The prince of Cancer exclaimed, even though it was obvious that he was panicking.

"We should fight," the princess of Aries explained, balling her fists.

Margaret instantly shook her head. "He has an army. He's way too powerful!"

"We were trained to protect our countries at all cost!" the princess of Aries continued, anger building up inside her. "I'm not gonna back down without a fight!"

"Whatever we do, we have to do it fast," the prince of Virgo quickly added. "All of us are gathered in one room; we're an easy target."

"I say we fight," the prince of Leo said, crossing his arms stubbornly as the princess of Aries sent him an approving nod and crossed her arms as well.

"You don't stand a chance!" Margaret explained, but was quickly cut off as running could be heard down the corridors. Margaret's face instantly paled, knowing exactly who was coming after them.

"Siblings of the Zodiac, stand in a circle and hold hands," the prince of Aquarius ordered sternly as everyone did as they were told. A white light appeared at each of their hands as they came in contact with each other. The light continued getting brighter as the prince of Aquarius looked over at Margaret, his expression just as stern as before.

"24 children — a girl and a boy of each sign — shall be born on Earth with incredible power. I'll need you, Margaret, to find them and train them until they're ready to beat Sullivan and his army, find a way to bring back queen Claireen, take back all of Zodiac and re-build Ophiuchus. Can you do this?"

Margaret instantly nodded as the light grew brighter.

"Then go."

The double-doors busted open as the light had reached its brightest — to the point where you couldn't see anything.

And like that, Margaret was gone.