Chapter 9: Empty Beds

[Published August 6th 2017]

All I have is a small, quick sketch of Owen ;w; I've been working on Penny and Sam though :3

And I have a confession to make! TwT

...The pink haired girl doesn't have a name yet *cri* Does anyone have any ideas? ;w;

----

"WAIT!"

The pink haired girl looked over at Lance, an expressionless look spread across her face as she held the knife against Caitlin's neck. Lance took her attention as a sign to continue.

"She has powers! I just witnessed them, I swear!" He continued.

"Why should I believe you?" She replied, her face showing no signs of remorse. Lance looked down at his lap; there was no reason for her to believe him.

"Look, all powers have their limits, yes?" Lance looked up at the girl, hoping desperately that she'd understand.

"I guess," she answered, keeping her eyes locked on the dark haired boy.

"She's been locked up for days, I bet she hasn't had much food or water," Lance continued, a spark of hope lighting up in him after seeing the slight change of emotion from the girl. She kept her glare locked on Lance for a moment, before moving her knife away from Caitlin's neck and throwing her onto the ground, causing the blonde to let out a small whimper.

Caitlin brought her hand to her neck after feeling something hot run down it. She looked down at her hand, seeing blood had smeared on her fingers. She couldn't help but jump a little when a knife came into her sight, quickly averting her gaze upwards at the mysterious girl.

"Try anything and I'll kill you," she said, pointing her knife at Caitlin threateningly. Caitlin swallowed the lump in her throat, nodding fearfully. The girl put her knife in the strap around her thigh, picking up the rope that had previously been around Caitlin.

"I'll get some food and water for you, and if you still can't use magic," she started, tying Caitlin up against the tree. "Then I'll kill you." She looked over at Lance. "And him."

She turned around, and was out of sight in a matter of seconds. She was fast, light on her feet, agile; she was perfectly built and trained for the woods.

"What happened?" Lance asked, catching Caitlin's attention. She looked over at him, fear obvious in her eyes.

"I don't know," she answered truthfully. "This has never happened to me before!"

"Let's hope you're just dehydrated and starved, 'cause if not," Lance started, looking over at Caitlin with a serious expression, "we'll both be goners."

--

"What do you mean Sullivan's soldiers have been spotted?!"

"I-I mean they're here!" Clara explained, waving her arms around frantically as she panicked. "And more than half of the Zodiac Signs are unconscious!"

Margaret pushed Clara aside lightly, looking out the window to her office and noticing around twenty of Sullivan's soldiers nearing the school.

"A-a-and we don't have time to flee!" Clara continued frantically, her glasses almost falling off her nose. Margaret rushed over to the microphone on her desk, clicking a button and leaning into the mic as her voice came over the PA system.

"All students meet up in the lobby immediately," she said, before letting go of the button and standing back up straight. She looked over at Clara and motioned for her to follow, before rushing out of the office.

Once they reached the lobby, only Austin the Aries, Tyler the Taurus, Gemma the Gemini, Lia the Leo, Vanessa the Virgo, Stefan the Scorpio, and Carter and Crystal the Capricorns showed up, all waiting for Margaret.

"It's time to see what you're made of," Margaret said, looking over at each and every one of them. "Give them all you got."

The remaining Zodiac Signs nodded, as the door was kicked open.

-

"Aaarg!!"

Austin got a fireball ready in his palms as he jumped forward, leaping towards one of the soldiers. The fireball gradually grew bigger until it exploded, knocking the soldier back into the wall and knocking him out. Austin let out another yell as he threw another explosion at a different soldier, knocking him out as well. He was definitely ruthless on the battlefield.

Lia was trying to avoid the soldiers as much as possible, seeing as she wasn't too good at controlling her power yet. No one was.

She put her arms in front of her as a soldier ran towards her with a sword, a blast of fire shooting out of her palms. The impact caused the soldier to fall back unconscious, and caused Lia to fall back a bit. She struggled to keep her balance a bit as another soldier ran towards her.

Gemma caught Lia before she could hit the floor, holding her arm out towards the soldier as a gust of wind caused him to fly back and hit the wall, knocking him out. Lia was about to thank Gemma but stopped once she saw the soldier nearing up behind her.

Lia knocked her out of the way, using her fire to knock not only him out, but three more soldiers that were nearby. The impact caused her to fall back, hitting her back on the wall and falling to the ground. Gemma walked over offered her hand to her friend, smiling warmly as she helped Lia up.

Multiple soldiers were attacking Tyler, trying to get through the shield he had conjured of various plants and sticks. Stefan conjured water in his palms and threw it towards the soldiers, causing all three of them to get wet.

They looked confused for a moment, giving Vanessa the perfect opportunity to put her hand on the puddle on the floor by the three, causing the water to freeze. All three soldiers froze to ice and Tyler's shield disappeared. He sent a small smile to Stefan and Vanessa, as to say thanks.

Carter and Crystal worked together to fight soldiers, standing back to back as they fought Sullivan's men. Clara froze soldiers (not like ice, just making them stand still) as Margaret used her telekinesis to throw them into walls and knocking them out.

A whistle could be heard from afar, causing all the remaining soldiers to suddenly stop everything and retreat, leaving everyone confused.

Margaret and Clara tied up all the soldiers that had been knocked out, making sure they didn't escape or try to hurt anyone once they awakened.

"They were holding back," Margaret thought out loud as she tied up the last of Sullivan's soldiers, causing Clara to look over at her.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"The students aren't powerful enough to defeat Sullivan's soldiers yet, they can barely control their own magic," Margaret explained as she stood up, facing Clara.

"This wasn't to kill or hurt anyone," Clara realized.

"It was so we'd have our attention elsewhere," Margaret continued, as Clara's eyes widened.

"The students..."

Clara and Margaret ran to the infirmary, leaving the remaining Zodiac Signs in the lobby. Once they reached the infirmary, the first thing they saw was one of the nurse's arms laying in the doorway. They looked in, seeing she had been knocked out. They looked farther inside, seeing all of the nurses had been knocked out.

What they were more concerned about, was the fact that all the beds were empty.

----

I imagined Clara kinda being like an older Mirai Kuriyama XD

And Austin kinda reminded me of Katsuki Bakugou XD

Fun fact: Tyler is really nonchalant and doesn't show much emotion, except for when he sees food, puppies, kittens, and Stefan (his best friend, kinda ship it tbh XD)

- Kate ⭐️