Chapter 8: Surprise Attacks

[published July 30th 2017]

Someone asked me what my name was and I wrote "Caitlin", I think I've been writing too much Zodiac High XD Then I wrote Kaitlin, and I kept thinking I had spelled my name wrong because I'm so used to writing Caitlin XD

This book is making me forget how to spell my own name lmao

----

"I'm disappointed, darling."

Sullivan looked down at Olivia, shaking his head slowly in disappointment. Owen stood beside him, a sad expression spread across his face; he didn't like being separated from his twin. Olivia was in the same cell that Caitlin hazard been in, sitting up against the brick wall as she ignored her father's gaze, who sighed in response.

"I'll leave you here overnight to think about what you've done," Sullivan said, turning around and heading towards the door. "Consider this as your punishment." He then left, closing the door behind him and leaving the twins alone.

Once the sound of his footsteps disappeared, Owen walked closer to Olivia's cell and crouched down to her level.

"I'm sorry, sis..." He apologized. The sight of his sister in a filthy cell saddened him; he should be in there with her.

"It's not your fault," Olivia replied, looking over at her brother.

"What were you trying to accomplish?" Owen asked, genuinely confused about the whole situation. Olivia crawled over to the rusty bars as to get closer to Owen.

"I was trying to escape," she explained. "I want to get out of here, see the world!" A smile spread across her face as her eyes seemed to sparkle, she was genuinely excited over the idea.

"I'll get out of here one way or another, with or without you," she continued. Owen slid his hand between the bars, grabbing Olivia's hand gently and holding onto it as he smiled at her softly.

"Anywhere you go, I go."

(Everyone needs an Owen in their life tbh)

--

"I'm tireeeed...!"

"If you had stayed in the plane, you could've taken all the naps you wanted," Penny explained a little harshly.

"Why don't you want me here?" Connor asked, puffing his cheeks cutely at the small brunette.

"I don't want you to get hurt," Penny mumbled, a light shade of pink dusting her cheeks as she kept her gaze on the ground in front of her. Connor giggled, poking Penny's pink cheek, causing her blush to darken.

"Aww, you care!" Connor exclaimed, letting out another cute giggle. He stood up straight from his position, having bent over to Penny's level. "But there's no need to worry, I can take care of myself."

Penny, Emilia and Connor was walking through the woods, following a dirt path that seemed to lead to the school. Emilia lead the way, Penny and Connor following close behind. They had only been walking for thirty minutes, so the sun was still shining bright.

"So, do either of you even know anything about this forest?" Emilia asked, keeping her eyes locked in front of her.

"Nope," Penny replied.

"None of the teachers ever talked about the forest," Connor jumped in.

"Hmm," Emilia replied. "There's probably something here."

"Like what?" Connor asked, looking over at white haired girl, who shrugged in response.

"People or creatures guarding it," she suggested. "I'm willing to bet there's plenty of creatures guarding it now that Sullivan's taken over, he sure is good at conjuring creatures."