I look behind me and I see a bouncer standing at the entrance of a building.

Perfect, a club, I can just disappear into the crowd with Faith. She's clinging to me like it was for dear life so I don't think I'm gonna lose her. Well it's still my best option.

As I look at the car barrelling down on us I realize it's our only option. As Faith sees the car I feel her trying to pull away but I hold on.

Just a few seconds more, just a few seconds more Faith... NOW!

I jump out of the way just in time pulling Faith with me, making sure she lands on me and not the other way around.

Oh fuck, that's gonna hurt tomorrow, Faith.

"Faith, are you okay?"

"I dunno about this Faith person you keep talking about but I think I'm okay."

Hun...? That didn't sound like a joke to me. I-It couldn't be, could it? Oops no time to finish that thought the stalker thugs are coming to, time to disappear.

I get up and dust myself off before helping Faith up.

"All right, come on Faith let's..."

As I try to lead her away she rips her hand from mine.

"You tried to kill me..."

This isn't the time for this.

"No actually I think that was the guy trying to run us over with the car."

"How do I know they were trying to run me over? Maybe they just wanted to run YOU over."

"Would you like to stick around and ask them?"

She looks over at the thugs for a moment and then back at me, I can almost see the wheels turning in her head. After a moment of indecision she grabs my outstretched hand and off we go. We walk down the street so as to try and blend in with the crowd but I look back and see the two thugs starting to follow us, okay time to get into high gear. We reach the club but get stopped by the bouncer.

"Authorization?"

Fuck, I don't have time for this.

"I don't have time for this."

"Authorization?"

He seems reluctant to cooperate.

"Look we just need to use the exit in the back."

"That exit is for use by authorized customers only."

Oh come on.

"Authorization?"

I didn't wanna have to do this, but those guys behind us ain't gonna slow down.

"You leave me no choice, I'm sorry."

I take a quick wind up and sock him a super human strength punch.

Sometimes being a vampire with a soul has its advantages you know? We enter the club as the bouncer takes a second to regroup. Wow, I can see why they hired him I can't see many humans being able to take him down.

I take a few steps in and see...

Okay this isn't the kind of club I was hoping it was.

Bouncer's POV

What the fuck? I'm gonna fucking kill whoever that guy was.

I see two people running toward the club.

Not again, okay I ain't letting these guys through. It doesn't matter what their reasons.

I stop them at the door and they protest.

"Hey, let us in."

Be tough.

"Authorization?"

I love the looks on people's faces when I say that.

"Look just let us in, we have to..."

"You don't have to nothing."

Don't have to nothing? Is that even a real sentence?

"Go do your circle jacking somewhere else."

Ha, I make a jacking off motion so they know what I'm talking about.

"Hey, we don't wanna see the fucking show, we just... That guy that just decked you, he's Angel."

Whoa, really? That was "the" Angel?

"Really, you mean that was 'the' Angel? Wow, so why didn't he just show me his authorization when he had the chance? He is a vampire after all?"

Wow, THE Angel just decked me? How cool.

"Why what kind of club is this?"

Duh, it's...

"The Vampire Lounge only vamps allowed."

The two of them smile at each other but suddenly their faces get all contorted and their fangs grow.

"Let us in."

Well, they've got authorization.

I step to the side and pull back the curtain.

"Right this way gentleman, enjoy."

I hope they destroy each other.