Chapter Fifty

Rose

As my transformation begins, I'm struck by lightning and adrenaline to grant me my powers. I can feel my blood boiling as it rushes through my veins and I grit my teeth. The Female Titan sprints in my direction and I charge at her as well. I unbuckle my ODM gear to allow myself to freely move. My head feels as if a hammer is being struck on my skull as I internally battle to stay in control of myself.

Once the Female Titan comes closer, I jump onto a tree's trunk and then tackle her ankles to make her lose her footing. She looks down for a moment in hesitation to see what happened but then glares down at me. She swings her right foot at a tree to kill me but I jump up further on her leg. Thinking that I'm gone, she keeps running towards squad Levi. When I reach her thigh, I use my dagger-like nails to rip her muscle out. She cries out while slowing down a little but when I try to perform the same attack, she crystallizes her leg.

I leap off of her and climb the trees, hopping from each one to advance further than her. Once I reach a point where I'm far ahead, I fall out from the canopy of the trees and kick her in her forehead, making her fall to the ground. Before she can recover back to her feet while I still fall, I straighten my body and extend my fist, punching her in the same place where I kicked her before. This time blood spews from the wound and I fly backward, landing near her feet. The tree she kicked before lies on the ground near me and I grab it by the roots. I swing it over my head and smash it on her body to prevent her from moving further.

I examine her for a moment while she's in her weakened state. She struggles to get up and smoke emerges from her leg. Taking advantage of this, I sever her feet off as my nails dig deep into the muscle.

Before I can make my next move, my head aches in terrible pain once again and I fall to my knees, clutching my head with my hands. Blood seeps out from my face since my nails pierced myself. My vision becomes blurred and a high-pitched screeching fills my head. I scream in agony as my head pounds like an earthquake.

"N-no...! Not now! I'm so close... I'm so close to stopping her!!"

The ringing becomes louder and I scream in anguish.

"Please, let me finish this and then I'll go under!!"

I pant in exhaustion as I prevent my ability from fully taking over. The ringing makes my eardrums feel as if they're on the brink of exploding.I punch the ground in desperation, leaving a crater in the dirt. My blood and dirt have mixed together as it drips from my face and I clench my teeth.

"Rose." A faint voice whispers in my mind.

I gasp and look up, seeing the figure in the trees again. They stand behind the Female Titan, covered by the darkness. I blink my eyes to make sure I'm not seeing things, but the person disappears after. The Female Titan starts to move again, using her arms as support to get her up and I'm snapped back into reality.

"All the side effects are gone, how strange... But I can't fret over that now. She's left herself wide open, I can get to her nape while she's weak!"

I bend my knees and launch myself into the air, flipping over her. I land behind her back and then jump at her neck, preparing myself to slash her neck as if I was using the ODM gear but instead of the usual blade, I substitute it with my razor-like nails. Before I can strike, she grabs me mid-air, holding my arms as well. My eyes widen in shock as she was able to capture me midair without looking. I squirm in her grasp, using all of my strength to open her hand to set me free but she overpowers me. She brings me to be face to face with her. Her icy blue cold gaze pierces into my soul, striking me with fear. The Titan smirks in disgust and then throws me to the side. My body rips through the air and past the trees as everything becomes a blur.

"Shit! I can't go like this, I was so close--"

Before I can retaliate, I slam into a tree and I cough out blood. All the bones in my body shatter as if they were glass. A sharp terrible pain runs through my body before I fall to the ground, blacking out.

• • •

I'm not the best at fight scenes so I apologize ;-;