Chapter Forty-Six

Rose

Before sunrise, I wake up early and head outside to work out. Although my Titan form is strong, my stamina depletes at a faster rate because I'm in a smaller body and my risk of death is higher than Eren's due to our size difference. I stretch and warm-up my body before doing my actual workout. After many sets and countless reps of variations of sit-ups, push-ups, and etcetera, the morning sun finally lights the sky.

"You're up early," A voice startles me and I turn to see Eren around the corner. He hands me a towel and some water. "Here,"

"Thanks, Eren. Sorry for running off, I didn't want to wake you," I accept the things in his hands.

"Don't worry about it, just leave a note next time you do, I was worried for a second," He says and sits next to me.

I take a drink of the water and once my lips part from the flask, Eren places a kiss on my cheek and then quickly looks away. My heart flutters a tad and I look over at his back since he doesn't face me. I scooch over to him and rest my chin on his shoulder. "Well, good morning to you. Embarrassed?" I tease.

"N-no," Eren stammers and I chuckle.

After coming to my feet, I hold out my hands to him and say, "Stand up,"

"Why?"

"I need help training and I need to spar with someone now,"

He takes my hands to stand but frowns with hesitation. "Are you sure, Rose? I don't want to fight you,"

I scoff. "We've spared before and we won't even use weapons, what's up now? Are you scared that you'll lose to me?" I taunt to convince him.

He furrows his brows as my taunting worked successfully. "No way I'll lose!"

Eren charges first by swinging his fist but I pivot on my right foot to dodge and end up behind him. He swiftly turns around and tries once more but I duck and swing my leg to trip him. I get one of his legs but he jumps above my leg before it can hit his other leg. I jump up and he still tries to regain his balance. Taking this opportunity, I charge at him but he grabs my wrist. I kick him in the stomach, sending him flying back and letting go of my wrist. I try again but all he does it block with his left arm. I spot his right fist ripping through the air and I grab his forearm and twist it until he falls to the ground on his stomach.

"Give up?" I question him.

Eren flips over his right shoulder which makes me lose my balance and he rolls over me. He hovers over me, pinning me to grass. "Not yet," He smirks.

Eren leans in and our lips collide. I close my eyes and his hand cups my face as he kisses me. My arms wrap behind his neck to draw him closer until we hear a voice in the distance.

"Where is he... Eren?" Mikasa calls out. Eren and I both scramble away from each other and pretend to stretch and drink water when Mikasa comes around the corner. "Ah, there you are, Eren,"

"Hey, Mikasa..." Eren mumbles.

"Did you eat? Why did you leave the basement? Did you drag Rose up here with you to work out? She pesters him with questions.

"I was gonna eat in a bit, I came up to join Rose in her training," Eren responds.

"You have to take better care of yourselves and eat," Mikasa notes.

I stand up and grab the towel and water that Eren brought out. "Thanks for the concern, Mikasa. I ran out of water so I'm gonna get some more, I'll see you guys later," I say and run off before the tension between them rises.

Eren

"I don't want you to be around Rose anymore," Mikasa confesses once Rose leaves.

"What?!" I yell in disbelief.

"Ever since we came here, it seems like you two aren't focusing on what matters. We're all friends but you two are off in your own world; you guys left a couple nights ago and you're sneaking around with her. Your attention isn't in the right place. Doing that would benefit you both in the end."

"Mikasa! Stop being so uptight! I appreciate the concern but Rose and I are fine. She's the only one who understands what's going on with me... I've never had that in my life. You and Armin have always been there to support me but Rose has the same ambition and path as I do, I don't want to push her out," Mikasa frowns but I continue. "I don't need you to control every aspect of my life, I can do that for myself,"

"Eren--"

"Whatever, Mikasa. I'm going, I'll see you later."