Chapter 24 -- Don't you dare sneeze

Start from the beginning

I turn to face Perception, "I need you to make me angry."

"What?" His face contorts in bewilderment.

I grab his shirt collar, pulling hin close to my face. "Make. Me. Mad."

He throws his hands up, "I don't even know who you are! How should I know what makes you upset?"

My blood boils. "Yeah right! Following me around, happening to be in the hotel where The Undergrounds are. It all adds up to you, Owen!" My sudden outburst startled me just as much as it shocked him.

Perception stumbles back a few steps, looking dazed. "I - I'm not Owen."

My anger should be built up enough now that I can stop the storm. I'll deal with Owen later. While he's out playing super hero, I'm the one that actually has to do the work. There goes my villain image.

With all of my stored anger, I step out into the street, looking the boy in the eyes. My heart is beating a million times a minute. His eyes lock with mine and I get a good look at the 15 year old boy in front of me.

Gavin.

He looks terrified of what's happening around him. What if I hurt Gavin in the process? Keep a hold of your anger, Della.

I hold my hands up to the sky. I can feel the cool breeze shooting up from my arms and the temperature drastically drops. A street lamp comes flying towards my head, and I see it just in time to duck. I try not to lose my focus on the task at hand, but it's rather difficult when every car in the city is raining down on you. When the tornado doesn't cease in its spot, I feel doomed. If that didn't work, I have to try the complete opposite. I have to break up the storm clouds.

If only there were something about this situation that could make me happy.

My heart begins to race again, and I clench my chest in pain. I don't know what it feels like to have a heart attack, but this seems like the symptoms leading up to one. My eyes wander over to find Perception, frantically watching this whole scene. I wish I hadn't yelled at him now, I may need his help. There's a possibility I'm going to crash any second.

Suddenly the tornado begins to vanish. The storm clouds break up. Slowly, then altogether. I let out a sigh of relief. Gavin's face starts to become clearer to me as the dust settles.

I feel completely exhausted, and I want to drop to my knees. Although, I don't think I can rest with ease yet. I'm a villain in this suit, and I don't need the news anchors catching me on live television. That would be a hot mess. I'd rather not have Blacklight after me right now.

Gavin looks down at his orange prison suit. All color has drained from his face. His eyes are wide with horror. He never meant for this to happen. But what made this tornado occur?

Police sirens begin to fill the silence. I run up and grab Gavin's wrist. He pulls back from me. "What're you doing?" The cops are already jogging up to the two of us. I have to get him out of here. More importantly, I have to get him back to my uncle.

"You have to come with me." I tug on his arm again, but he's not budging.

"Why? Who are you? What's happening?" He sees the chaos of the news crews and police cars behind me and his eyes grow wide.

"I'll answer all of your questions if you come with me right now. We have to go." I think of how I'm going to get him out of street without more questions arising. If I use my super speed or invisibility, the public will know where Rapid Glare went. She went rogue.

Without an answer from Gavin, I take his hand and run off between the alleys, without using my super speed. When the police are out of sight, I let my speed kick in. My legs give out underneath me and I find myself looking up at Gavin.