Chapter Twenty- Two

The Lucky One

Chapter Twenty- Two

December 13, 2015

Nashville

-Ali-

Today is my sister's birthday and I wake up to the smell of burnt toast. My eyes open with my mind very, very confused. I get out of bed and make my way downstairs to see Ed in the kitchen which makes total sense. He's not the worst at cooking but he certainly isn't the best either. "Hey, Ali," he mumbles while running his hands through his hair. "Why are you up so early?"

"Why is there burnt toast?" I ask with a laugh even though I already know the answer. He probably wants to make Taylor breakfast in bed and it isn't turning out as well as he thought it would. He tells me exactly that so I ask, "Do you want some help?"

I'm not the best at cooking either but I do know how to make a pretty decent breakfast. Besides, it's the thought that counts and I'm sure Taylor will appreciate he at least tried to make her breakfast. I put bread in the toaster and start to make scrambled eggs as Ed pours her a glass of orange juice. He cuts up some fresh fruit and puts it in a bowl as well. When the bread is toasted, I take it out and put it on a plate along with the eggs I made her.

Ed found a tray so we put everything on it and head upstairs. I let him carry it while I walk behind him. It was his idea and he really did try his best to do something nice for Taylor to wake up to on her birthday. "Good morning beautiful," he says and gives her a kiss on her forehead.

Her eyes open and a smile appears on her face as she sees the tray of food. "Happy birthday," he says as she sits up and takes the tray from him.

"Awe Ed, you made this?" she asks and I walk into the room. He better not take all the credit for this, I think with a smirk. He shrugs.

"Ali helped a lot," he says and Taylor laughs.

I say, "Happy birthday, sis."

"Thank you guys," she says and starts eating the food we made her. We put Netflix on for background noise and sit on the bed with her. Ed and I had some eggs before we came up here so we could hang with her as she ate her food. "This is really good."

"Thanks," I say while Ed playfully glares at me making both Taylor and I laugh. I check Twitter and see a million people tweeting Taylor for her birthday and I smile. She has some great fans. I tweet her happy birthday on Twitter as well because, why not?

We don't have a lot really planned to do with Taylor today because she really just wants to chill at home. Ed is going to take her at for lunch so I made plans to hang out with Michael while they're gone. I haven't seen him in a few months so this is, technically, only our second date even though we've been dating for about three months which is a little weird. It's been three months and we've only had one date.

When Taylor is done with her breakfast, we've all go our separate ways to get ready for the day. I change into a pair of jean shorts and a t-shirt that I pull into a knot at the bottom. I wear my Adidas sneakers that I wear literally everyday. Ed tells me they are going to go out in a few minutes so I text Michael to let him know. We're meeting at Starbucks, of course.

I leave the apartment after saying bye to Taylor and Ed and head over to Starbucks. Michael texts me and I reply back.

Michael: I'm already at Starbucks, I'll get you a coffee.

Me: I'll be there in a few but you don't have to do that!!

Michael: Well I'm going to

Me: Haha, okay, thanks

Michael: No prob haha

I see Starbucks only a block away and I feel a smile form on my face as I realize about about to see Michael again for the first time in a few months. Also, he's always so sweet but I hope he knows he never has to get me a coffee yet he always does. We've been texting non- stop since I've went back on tour with Taylor so it feels like we've been together the whole time in a way, if that makes any sense.

I open the door to Starbucks and see Michael sitting at a table with a girl standing next to him. They're talking and laughing and I feel myself get a little jealous. Who the heck is this girl? I walk over to the table with a smile as I see two coffees with him and the jealousy fades away. "Hey," I say and he motions for me to sit down.

"Hey Ali," he says with a smile. The girl says she'll see him later and walks away. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you, too," I say and feel my heart race in my chest. He hands me my coffee and I thank him. "Who was that?" I ask, remembering the girl that was just talking to him before I got here.

He says, "A girl in my class."

"Oh that's cool," I say. "I totally forgot that I start going to your high school the first day you guys come back from winter break."

"Are you nervous about it?"

"Mmm, a little since it'll be my first day at an actual high school."

"You'll be fine, I'll be there with you," he says with a smile making my heart race even faster. We stay there for an hour before Ed texts me that they are on their way back home. "Tell your sister I say happy birthday."

"I will. See you tomorrow?"

"Definitely."

I walk away feeling like the happiest girl in the world.

---

Thank you so much for reading!!  I hope you enjoyed and feel free to comment feedback and what you're favorite part has been!

xxx