Chapter Two

The Lucky One

Chapter Two

-Ali-

"So, what do you think of Japan?" Ed asks me. It's the next day and Taylor's doing her soundcheck. Ed's taking me sightseeing before the concert starts which is in, like, twenty minutes. I smile.

"It's awesome!" I say as the driver pulls up to drive us to the concert. "At least we don't have to worry about lines," I think with a smirk.

Taylor's concert is the most breathtaking thing I've ever seen. The bracelets make the whole crowd in sync as they jam out to Taylor's music. And, Taylor is great at performing and making her songs come alive. We arrive at the arena where the concert is being help and get escorted to backstage by some security guards. Thankfully, none of her fans saw us.

Don't get me wrong, her fans are really nice but I just wanted to make it to backstage before the concert so I can wish Taylor good luck. "Ali!" Taylor says as soon as she sees me backstage. "How was sightseeing?"

"Great! Japan is so beautiful," I say and Taylor agrees. She's already dressed in her first costume for Welcome to New York. "Good luck, Tay!"

Taylor gives me a hug before seeing a few people so she can start the concert. I see her phone left on a table in her dressing room. It's vibrating indicating that someone's trying to call her. I rush over and see that it's private ID. Maybe it's someone trying to get ahold of her before the concert starts?

Quickly, I press the accept button and put the phone to my ear. "Hello?" I say into the phone, waiting to hear who's on the other end.

"Taylor?" I hear a female voice say through the phone. It sounds like she's crying. Who is this? "Taylor, I need you to come to LA for me, please."

"Uh," I stammer. "This isn't Taylor, it's her sister Ali. Who is this?"

"Oh sorry," the girl says, clearly embarrassed by the mixup. "I had to get a new phone and number. It's Gigi Hadid."

"Oh, well Taylor's performing right now. The concert just started," I start to explain while Ed walks into the room. "I'll have her call you back afterwards."

"Okay, thanks," Gigi says. She hangs up the phone and I put Taylor's phone down. Ed looks at me like he's confused and even a little disappointed. Why?

Ed asks, "Why were you on Taylor's phone?"

"I thought it was an emergency. It was Gigi Hadid and she sounded like she was crying. No, I know she was crying. She asked for Taylor to go to LA for her," I say still confused about the whole LA thing.

Ed says, "She lives in New York."

I shrug and sit in a seat listening to Taylor's voice which can be heard no matter where you go. Ed seats down on the couch next me and we sit there, puzzled. "I'm sorry I went on her phone. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something important," I say.

"It's okay, Ali. You did the right thing," he says. The concert seems to go on forever tonight since the two of us wanted to know what's going on with Gigi. I've never been to LA before! As soon as she's done, she comes into her dressing room.

Taylor says, "Guys, I have to change for Loft '89."

Ed and looks at me and we leave. I think we made a silent agreement to wait until after the meetup to tell her about Gigi. Not there's much to tell her. "Do you wanna come to the meet and greet?" Taylor asks as soon as she's dressed and out of her dressing room.

"Sure!" I say with a smile. Taylor leads Ed and I to where Loft '89 is taking place. "I can't wait to meet your fans!"

"They're all super nice," she says with a smile. We walk into the room and all of the fans start freaking out. Let's be real, it's because Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran are in their presence. I'm just Taylor's little sister. "Hey guys!" she says with a big smile. "I'll start on this side."

While Taylor talks to the fans one by one and takes a picture with them, Ed and I go to everyone that's waiting. Some look really nervous and I go up to one girl that's crying. "Hi, I'm Ali, Taylor's sister," I say with a smile.

"Oh my gosh!" she squeals and I give her a hug. We talk for a few minutes until it's her turn to meet Taylor. Ed's eating pizza with some of the fans so I go over to him.

A fan says, "I cannot believe I'm talking to Taylor's sister! You are so cool!"

"Aw, thanks," I say. I give Taylor's fan a hug and grab a slice of pizza for myself. Taylor likes to take her time talking to each fan which is pretty great. So, Ed and I stay by the food and talk to fans who are still waiting their turn. Once everyone is done and has left, Ed and I approach Taylor.

Taylor says, "I just love meeting them."

"Uh, Taylor we have to take the next plane to LA," Ed says and clears his throat. Taylor's smile drops and looks concerned. "Tell her, Ali."

"LA? We were going to hang around here for a few more days and take a plane back to Nashville," Taylor says, waiting for someone to tell her. She looks at me and I clear my throat.

I say, "A moment after you stepped onstage your phone rang. I answered since I thought it could be something important. A girl was crying and she asked for you to come to LA right away."

Taylor asks, "Look, I don't care that you answered my phone or whatever but I want to know, who was it?"

I hand her her phone and say, "Gigi Hadid."

---

Hey guys!

I've been so excited to post this chapter and I'm pretty proud of it.  I think I'm going to start updating this book every Tuesday since that's what I did and last time and this time.

Make sure you vote and comment if you thought it would be Gigi or someone else!

This book is already getting super close to 100 reads, so thank you!

Thanks for reading!

xoxo