Chapter Eight

The Lucky One

Chapter Eight

A few days later

-Ali-

The crisp morning air wakes me up and the smell of bacon fills the room. I quickly check my phone before getting out of my bed to open my windows. I can never sleep with my windows open because of the sun. However, as soon as I get up, I have to open them to wake me up a bit.

Excitingly, I put on an outfit, quickly put my hair in a ponytail, and do minimal makeup. Today, Alisha and I are going to hang out around LA and I'm super excited. Gigi and Taylor have been working on decorating the living room for the past three days so I've been pretty bored. They finally finished decorating the living room and have moved on to working on the kitchen.

Gigi seems super happy again whether it's because of the decorations or hanging out with Taylor. I think it's a little bit of both. The two of them have been working so much on the decorating that I don't think Gigi even has time to think about Cody any more! I walk downstairs to see if breakfast is almost ready.

The first thing I ever want to do when I wake up, is eat. After eight or so hours of sleeping, I get super hungry which is why breakfast is always my favorite meal of the day. Usually I don't have to wait so long to eat. Ugh, I also don't made any sense in the morning. But, really, who does?

Gigi is cooking breakfast again while Taylor is setting the table. Ed isn't downstairs yet so just walk in. "Morning," I say.

"Morning," Gigi says with a smile.

Taylor says, "Morning. Hungry?"

"Of course," I say with a small smile. I take a seat at the table and fill my plate up with food. It's very unusual for Ed to not be up at this time and downstairs. Along with me, breakfast is his favorite meal as well! "Where's Ed?"

"Still sleep, I guess," Taylor says with a shrug. Luckily, the two of them are fine after the whole phone call thing with Calvin. It meant a lot to me how much Ed cares about me since he didn't want her talking to him for my safety. I mean, sure, it was for her safety as well, but it does sure how much he cares about me.

And that means a lot to me.

The three of us start eating while we wait for Ed to comes down. But, by the time we're finished, he still hasn't come down. "I thought he actually went to bed early, last night," Taylor says and looks at the stairs, waiting for him to come down.

Finally, a few minutes later, we seem him enter the kitchen. "Morning, sorry I slept so late," Ed says as he grabs a plate so he can eat breakfast even though it's pretty late now.

"It's okay. Go to bed too late?" Taylor asks with a smirk and takes a sip from her glass of apple juice. Ed shakes his head and says he actually went to bed early.

Gigi, "Well you have to catch up on sleep at some point."

I look at the time and realize that Alisha is going to be here any second. I say my goodbyes and wait by the door until she texts me. Ed, of course, is going to take me to the car since the paparazzi are still around. I just wish they would go away already. Don't they know we are real people too?

Once I get the text, Ed takes me to the car and walks back to house once I'm inside. "Wow, that's crazy," Alisha says, looking at all of the paparazzi.

"It is. Don't they realize that they're all humans in there? That they need their privacy?" I ask and Alisha just shakes her head before pulling out into the street. I don't really know where we're going just that we're going shopping. "So, where are we going?"

"Well, first, coffee," Alisha says with a smile and I laugh. Of course we're going to Starbucks first. Starbucks is Alisha's, like, favorite place in the whole world! We listen to music and jam out on the way to the coffeeshop. Once we get there, we get our usuals and head back out to the car.

Thankfully, there's no paparazzi today.

"Where to now?" I ask once we're back inside Alisha's car. She sips her coffee and shrugs her shoulders.

"Where do you wanna go?" she asks. This time, I shrug since I have absolutely no idea because I've never been here before. I don't know what's really here because I never thought I would be in LA. "How about I show you some cute Instagram picture places?" Alisha asks with a laugh.

"Omg, yes!" I say excitingly. LA definitely has some of the cutest places to take pictures so I mind as well take some while I'm here! I don't have a camera but the camera on the iPhone is really good.

Alisha says, "I was hoping you would say that. I brought my camera and extra outfits. Do you want to run back to your house to grab extra clothing?"

"Nah, it's okay," I say and she nods. She starts driving to I don't even know where. Her Instagram is on point so she knows where the best places to go are.

"When are you going back to Nashville?" Alisha asks. I shake my head.

I say, "I'm going on tour with Taylor. Next stop is Louisiana on the twentieth."

"Oh, that's so cool! Traveling is one of my favorite things to do," Alisha says with a smile. "Actually, it is my favorite thing to do!"

"It's so much fun! This has been my first time ever really getting to travel and it's so cool!" I say after taking a sip of my coffee. We arrive at our first stop for taking pictures. Alisha takes pictures of me using her camera so the quality is even better which I'm very appreciative of. We stop at, at least, six different places with Alisha changing in between each of them.

Next time we do this, I'm bringing a change of clothes.

"Wanna go to my apartment? I'd love to show you it and that way I can transfer you the photos," Alisha says. I text Taylor and she's totally fine with me going. Gigi and her have finished the kitchen and moved on to Gigi's bedroom.

At least Gigi's okay again.

We go to Alisha's apartment and it's super cute. She transfers the pictures over to me and, by then, it was pretty late. She drives me back to Gigi's house after promising me that we'll hang out again. As soon as I get to her house, I say hi to everyone, get ready for bed, and watch Netflix until I fall asleep.

My life has certainly taken a turn for the better.

---

Hey guys!

Once again, I updated a few days late, I'm so sorry!  I will try my best to update on Tuesdays, as promised.  School has taken up most of my time.  I hope you enjoyed this chapter and, as always, please let me know what you're favorite part is!

Thanks for reading!

xoxo