Chapter Seven

The Lucky One

Chapter Seven

-Ed-

Ali takes my hand before existing Gigi's house. Paparazzi surround us so I keep her even closer to me as we walk to the car. Taylor's driver will take her and Gigi wherever they're going. I have a rental car so I can driver us to wherever we're going. "Where should we go first?" I ask Ali as soon as we're in the car.

Ali smiles and asks, "Starbucks?"

"Of course," I say with a laugh and start the engine. The closest Starbucks is only a few miles away and we have nothing else to do. Personally, I think she's a little young to be drinking this much coffee but it's only one a day.

It could be a lot worse.

Taylor has been drinking so much coffee lately as she's been staying up late working. Whether it's writing new music or tour stuff, she's always working. Even though her next album probably won't come out for a while, she's always writing new music. It's like she's addicted to writing music. But, I can't really blame her, since I'm pretty much the same way when it comes to music.

I park the car in the parking lot of Starbucks and go around the car to get Ali. Paparazzi will probably be here in any second so I want to make sure I'm with her at all times. She gets out of the car and we go straight to the line once we enter the building. "Oh my gosh!" Ali says with a smile.

"What?" I ask. She points to someone in front of us and I notice her friend, Alisha Marie.

Ali says, "I totally forgot she lived here!"

We decide on saying hi once we've ordered our drinks. I got a hot coffee and Ali got a Java Chip. We walk over to where to wait for our drinks while Ali walks up to Alisha. "Hey!" she says.

"Oh my gosh, Ali! I can't believe you're in LA!" Alisha says as she gives Ali a hug. "This is my sister, Ashley. Ashley, this is Ali."

"Hi," Ashely says with a warm smile. I grab our drinks and walk up to them with Ashley freaking out. "Ed Sheeran?"

"That's me," I chuckle. The four of us grab a table in the back so we can all talk without too many people recognizing us. We start talking about our lives; theirs as YouTubers and mine as a musician.

Alisha says, "Ali, we have to take you shopping and hang out for a day. When are you free to hang out."

I say, "She's free whenever. We don't really have anything planned while we're here."

They chat for a little bit longer when they bring up the subject of Taylor and how's she doing. I tell them about the tour and how we're here visiting a friend. Alisha and Ashley look to each other and then back at me. "What?"

"Nothing," Alisha says with a shrug and takes a sip of her coffee. This time, Ali and I look at each other, confused. They're acting like Taylor shouldn't be doing good or something. They acting like she should be unhappy. What's that all about.

Then, Ashley asks me, "Do you ever read what the media says?"

I shake my head and realize the tabloids probably made something up about Taylor so they think she's not okay. "Maybe you should. She's everywhere today," Alisha says and I grab my phone.

What are they talking about?

I pull up my phone and see that everyone is talking about Taylor and Calvin. That is old news, why are they still talking about it? At the time, the only thing everyone talked about was what Calvin did. Ali was all over the media. It started to slow down a few months ago so, why is it picking back up again?

Then, I read an article that came out only an hour ago saying Taylor and Calvin were on the phone late last night, talking about writing a song together. My eyes notice something and I totally freeze. It says they were talking about stopping the wedding. My hearts starts to beat faster in my chest as my whole world is exploding. "Excuse me," I say before getting up going somewhere quiet in the coffee shop.

"Taylor?" I say as soon as she answers the phone. "What did you do?" I ask trying to stay as calm as I could.

But, when multiple websites are saying Taylor and Calvin want to call off the wedding, I think I have the right to be mad. "What do you mean?" Taylor asks, confused. "We went shopping."

"No, with Adam."

After a silence, Taylor asks, "How do you know?"

"Turn on the TV, check your phone, open a magazine!" I say, my voice getting louder. "Taylor, the media found out!"

Taylor stays dead silent. "Look, I just wanted to see why he was calling. And, how he got my number but we didn't get that far," she admits.

I ask, "Too busy writing a song?"

"What? No, Ed, we aren't writing a song. I told him no after what he did," Taylor says seeming to get annoyed. I hesitate not wanting to say anything about the wedding but I know I have to.

"So, too busy planning on stopping the wedding?"

Taylor says, practically yelling "Ed! Are you insane? I would never ever stop the wedding."

"So why is every single website saying that?" I ask feeling actually tears come to my eyes. This is the first fight we've had in a very long time. Actually, we haven't actually fought since the incident with Calvin.

"Since when do you believe the media and not your fiance?" Taylor asks and I could tell she was crying on the other end. I just then realize that I shouldn't have gotten all mad about it before knowing if it was true or not. But that's what the media does to you.

It manipulates you.

"I'm sorry, Tay," I say, just wanting to be with her right now to give her a hug. "I'm sorry I got all crazy before knowing whether or not it's actually true. I just- I just don't want to ever lose you."

Taylor says softly, "And you won't."

"I love you, Taylor," I say sincerely. She says it right back to me before we say good- bye and I head back to a table of three laughing girls. "Ali did you want to go to a few stores before going back home?" I ask.

"Sure, bye guys!" Ali says before giving them each hugs. We've been at this Starbucks for actual hours, crazy enough. They've been talking the whole time about who even knows what anymore. I'm just glad the whole Calvin thing is out of the way. But I would like to know what the did talk about.

I'll ask her later.

For another hour, the two of us go from store to store until we decide we're hungry. "Let's head back for dinner," I say while backing up of the parking lot.

Ali says, "Okay."

What a day it has been.

All I want now, is some food and to be with Taylor.

---

Sorry this is a few days late!  I started school again and it's been crazy busy aha.  I'll try to continue my weekly, Tuesday updates.

How you guys heard ... Ready For It?  I love it!

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!

xoxo