Chapter Ten

The Lucky One

Chapter Ten

-Taylor-

I get up and bright and early to head over to the venue for tonight's show. Tonight, I'm playing at Bossier City, LA. Ed and Ali are still sleeping but I have to go to the venue early for soundcheck and to just get ready. Really, I don't have to be here this early but if some of the crew does to set up, I want to be there as well.

Besides, I was thinking of ordering pizza to whoever is there at lunchtime which will be most people. I put on Ed's hoodie and a pair of leggings so I can just be comfortable for now. I do my makeup at the venue in my dressing room later on so I grab my makeup bag. I pull my hair into a ponytail and head out. A security guard is already there, waiting for me, and he'll be the one driving me to the venue.

"Good morning Ms. Swift," he says with a smile. I give him one in return even though I'm still very sleepy and can barely keep my eyes open.

"Good morning Jeff," I say as we walk down the back stairs in which no one will probably be using. Jeff tells me that the car is waiting for us at the back enterance of the hotel, as always.

Sometimes I just wish I could have a normal life.

We arrive at the venue only ten minutes later and I sneak in the back of it. Already, fans are there, waiting to get in. They are super dedicated and I make a mental note to say something during the concert to thank them, indirctly. Maybe if I have enough time I can sneak out and say a quick hello. That is, of course, if there isn't too many people or paparazzi. Security won't be too happy with me if there were.

"Morning, Taylor," one of my dancer say and I repeat it back to him. "There's nothing you can really do right now."

"Think they'd be mad if I took a few fans backstage? Just until sound check?" I ask and he shakes his head. Everyone knows how much I adore my fans and I want to meet as many as I possibly can. Well, actually, I want to meet all of them. But, I'm not too sure how possible that is.

I run up to Tree Paine, my publicist, to make sure it was okay with her. You know, check with someone so I wouldn't get in trouble. But, I'll do anything for my friends. She says it should be fine for a little bit so my security guard goes to pick a handful out while I order pizza. I go over to where Loft '89 is going to take place so we can hang out in there.

Of course, Loft '89 isn't set up yet but we can still hang out. People are going in and out getting ready and my security guards. My security guard comes back with three girls whom all like teenagers. I smile and they start freaking out as they realize what's going on. I made sure no one told them until they saw me. "Wanna hang out for a bit?" I ask and throw my arms around the three girls.

Immediately, the three girls start crying and I laugh. "What are your names?" I ask them as we take a seat on a couch.

"Emma," the one girl says softly, "I'm fifteen."

"I'm Julie and I'm sixteen," she says with a grin.

The last one looks at me and says, "I'm Katy and I'm thirteen."

"It's nice to meet all of you! I'm Taylor," I say making them laugh. "I think you know that since your at my concert. Which, by the way, I thank you for coming."

We sit on the couch for the next few hours talking, eat pizza, and taking a ton of selfies. But, it's time for me to help so they have to go. "I can't wait to see the show!" Katy says, jumping up and down.

"Well, I hope you like it!" I say and give them indivual hugs for the last time. Maybe Mama Swift will visit them tonight. They tell me a few final things and my security guards leads them out of the room. I smile and walk out to where the stage is.

Emma, Julie, and Katy were very sweet girls and I hope I'll be able to see them again sometime soon. I'm not sure when or how but I'll make it happen. I see my backup dancers all on the stage and I pick up the microphone and smile.

This is going to be a good show.

---

"I love you too and thank you for coming!" I say to the last fan in Loft '89. All of my fans are so sweet and I love meeting them. It's probably one of my favorite parts of this job. The show went great and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Everyone did amazing on stage, as well. They always do.

They never, ever fail me.

I can say that and we've only done a few shows. "Good job, Tay!" Ed says and gives me a hug. I hug him back and say a quick thank you. I make the hug short since I wanted to put on some more comfy clothes. He understands, though, and lets me go to my dressing room while he hangs out with the backup dancers.

I change into a pair of black leggings and one of Ed's sweatshirts, as usual. Once I'm finished getting dressed, I check Instagram real quick to see a bunch of comments about Calvin and I. They're still going at this? I blink a few tears back after seeing some hurtful hate comments and put my phone in my pocket.

Sometimes I just wonder if I'm really the "lucky one."

---

Hey guys!

I'm so sorry about how long it's been since I've last updated.  I did not mean to wait almost a month.  In fact, I had this chapter written but I have not had any time to actual update.  But, here it is and I hope you enjoy!  I will be back to weekly updates from now on :)

Thanks for reading and comment your favorite part!

xoxo