Chapter Nineteen

The Lucky One

Chapter Nineteen

The next day.

-Taylor-

I wake up with a smile on my face and go downstairs to make myself a cup of coffee. It's seven in the morning which is pretty early for me but I wanted to sit down and try to write a song for my next album. I've written song after song but none feel right. My next album is a total mystery because I still don't know what direction I want to go it. Pop? Or should I go back to country? Or something completely different?

I've written songs in different genres but nothing is feeling right yet. All I'm getting a huge headache. 1989 is almost a year old now and I usually come out with an album every two years but I haven't even really started yet! I don't want to let my fans down by not coming out with an album in my usual cycle. I walk down the hall, with my coffee, to my studio room which is far enough away that it shouldn't wake anyone up.

Hopefully.

Letting my hands just do what they do with the guitar, I strum a few chords and really think about this next album and everything going on in my life. "You are the one I have been waiting for," I sing softly to myself.

Bad things have happened, that's for sure, but I'm also engaged to Ed making my feel like the happiest person in the world. "I'm your American queen," I sing, just playing around.

But, maybe this could become an actually song.

I start playing with more chords then put down my guitar and grab my notebook where I write my songs. I was single for a long time and then everything with Ed and Calvin happened and now I'm engaged. Maybe a song about that sort of transition? I've always wanted to write a song like that.

"I'm perfectly fine, I live on my own. I've made up my mind, I'm just gonna live alone," I sing while strumming some chords. "I've made up my mind, I'll live on my own. I've made up my mind, I'm better off bein' alone."

I smile and continue, "We met a few weeks ago and now you try callin' me baby like-"

"Hey, Taylor," Ed says and walks into the room. I put my guitar down and smile. It's like he knew I was writing a song about how we fell in love or something. "New song you're working on?"

I nod, "Yeah, and I think this one might work except I don't think I'm going to make it acoustic. Honestly, I'm probably just going to stick to pop. I just don't know how I'm going to finish this album in a year."

"You're off to a great start and you know you don't have too. No one is pressuring you to make a new album every two years, except yourself. How long have you been doing this?" Ed asks but he knows the answer. "Maybe, after tour, it's going to be time for a break. I mean, tour is about over. There's only a few months left so maybe you should talk to Scott about taking a break."

I smile softly, "Yeah, maybe. I just don't want to let anyone down."

"Knowing your fans," he says. "You won't."

And he was right. They would probably be happy that I'm finally taking some time off for myself but, is that really want a want to do? I mean, if it would help me to write some decent music again then yeah, yeah it is what I want. I want to be able to write exactly how I'm feeling without the pressure because it just makes it ten times harder to do. "Ali will probably be up soon. Did you have breakfast yet?" Ed asks.

I shake my head, "Just coffee but I'll eat in a little bit. I don't want to lose my train of thought."

Ed nods while leaving the room and closing the door to give me (and my music) privacy which makes me smile. Now, where was I? "Now you try on calling me baby like trying on clothes," I sing while strumming my guitar. "I'm your American queen."

How can I make it more dramatic?

"Salute to me, I'm your American queen," I say and write the lyrics into my book so I don't forget them. I make a note that this is where the music picks up making it stand out from the verse. I start humming while I look for the words to finish the pre- chorus making me just skip it and go to the chorus. "And all at once, you are the one I have been waiting for," I sing. "King of my heart, body, and soul, oh."

"King of my heart, body, soul, oh whoa," I sing with a smile as things are slowly coming to me. "And all at once you're all I want, I'll never let you go. King of my heart, body, and soul."

I hear a knock in the door and I tell the person behind it to come in. "Is that I knew?" Ali says as she step in the room and I nod.

"Yeah, it's the first song in a while that I feel confident about. It's actually coming together really nicely," I say with a grin. Finally, music is coming back to me after my small funk.

Ali says, "It sounds really good. I could hear it from my room."

"Oh, sorry, did I wake you up?" I asked, a bit embarrassed. I tried to be quiet but, sometimes, I just can't help belting out my thoughts as they come to me. I just get lost in my music, I guess. She shrugs so I know I did. "Sorry, want some breakfast?"

"Sure," she says with a smile. I put my guitar down, grab my coffee, and go to the kitchen with Ali. She's glowing today after what happened yesterday with Michael. She's old enough for a boyfriend but I can't help but feel a little protective over her since she's my little sister. I start making the two of us breakfast with new lyrics flowing in my head.

---

I see Taylor in like a month and I'm so excited!!  I don't know if I'm going to survive the concert, the videos and pictures look EPIC!  Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.  Please leave a comment with feedback on this book/ chapter!

xxx