Chapter Fourteen

The Lucky One

Chapter Fourteen

-Taylor-

A week passes since Ed and I had our date and I miss having alone time with him. But, honestly I don't feel safe just leaving Ali in a hotel room alone like that. My bodyguards are great, and they keep her safe, but I still worry anyway. She's my little sister and I have to protect her at all costs. I check my phone and see a text message from an unknown number. My mind flashes to the night Adam called but, I blocked him. The media has stopped talking about the "stopping the wedding" thing after I told the media how wrong they were.

The message leaves no clues as to who it is but it must be someone I know. How else would they have my number? It's not like I put it online for a million random people to call me. I mean, some celebrities do that, which I've never understood. Haven't they heard of this thing called "privacy" before? I love my fans to death but that doesn't mean I want them calling me 24/7 when I'm with my family or on a date or something like that.

It's just common sense.

I leave the message be and start putting makeup on my face. Today is the first time in a week that I'm getting a break. No writing songs. No recording songs. And no performing today. The thought of going on another date with Ed tonight lingers in my mind. Then, I'm reminded of Ali and make it go away.

"What's on the agenda for today?" Ed says with behind me. He walks into the room and kisses the top of my head. I smile and shrug.

I say, "No clue. Any ideas?"

Ed shakes his head and says "I was thinking of taking Ali to get some lunch right now, but we can wait for you to finish."

"No, that's okay," I say while looking in the mirror. "I'll meet you at Starbucks when you're done."

Ed nods and gives me a kiss before leaving the hotel room with Ali. I think it's nice that they get along so well. Ed enjoys Ali's company which means I can be on my own for a bit and Ali isn't alone at the same time. My phones buzzes and I look down at it. It's the same number texting me, asking if I have a moment to talk.

Who could this be?

Although it's risky, I hold down on the message and type back asking who they are. I doubt I even know them and it's someone who accidentally found my number somehow. I mean, there's no real way to do that, I think, so it doesn't make sense. But, I don't know who the heck it could be.

The number calls me this time and I have an internal battle in my brain of whether I should answer the call or not. I take a deep breath and hit the "accept" button on my phone. "Hello?" I ask into the phone. "Who are you?"

"Taylor, it's me." the voice says and I gasp.

-Ed-

"Is Taylor coming, too?" Ali asks as we start to leave the hotel room. I shake my head and she shrugs.

I say, "She's still getting ready."

I know Ali isn't too disappointed that Taylor isn't coming as well. Thankfully, she likes spending time with me which is a good thing considering I'm going to marry her sister. We walk to a small cafe near the hotel and grab a table. We both get soup and sandwiches since we decide to make Taylor happy and not get pizza.

Taylor doesn't care what I eat since I'm my own person but she doesn't like it when Ali eats bad all the time. I think she's also a little paranoid about what Ali eats after the incident happened with Calvin. Trust me, I am too. Honestly, I can't believe someone would even think about doing that to someone. Especially a small girl like Ali. We're lucky she's alive and okay right now, honestly.

We eat our food and I text Taylor to tell her that we're gonna start heading over to Starbucks so she can meet us when she's done. "Ready to go to Starbucks?" I ask Ali and she nods.

So, we walk to Starbucks and I still haven't heard back from her. She's probably not done and embarrassed that she isn't. Thankfully, Ali and I both know what she would order and get the drinks. We found a small table in the back and wait for her. "What's taking her so long?" Ali asks.

"No clue. I'll try calling her," I say and do just that. It goes right to voicemail indicating that she's on the phone. "Must be on the phone with someone from her record label."

"On her day off?" Ali asks and I nod. I hope she realizes that we never really get a day off in this industry. "Should we head back to the hotel then?"

"Sounds good," I say. Ali grabs her coffee and I grab mine as well as Taylor's. We get to the hotel room and Taylor apologizes.

"I'm so sorry but thanks for getting me a coffee anyway," Taylor says with a smile. She gives me a kiss once Ali walks away. Her makeup and hair is done at this point and I look at her.

I ask, "Who were you on the phone with?"

"Record label, of course," she says with a laugh and I nod. See? I told you, we never truly get a day off of not thinking about work at all. "Have any idea of what we could do for the rest of the day?"

"Have about miniature golf?" Ali says as she comes back into the room.

"Sounds like a plan."

---

Happy Easter!

My break is half way over unfortunately but I have been trying to pre- write a bunch of chapters so, hopefully, I can go back to weekly updates.  I'm thinking of updating every Sunday but we shall see what happens.  

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!  Please leave a comment with predictions for the next chapter.

xxx