Chapter Four

The Lucky One

Chapter Four

-Taylor-

"Taylor, are you okay?" Gigi asks. This gets Ed to come rushing in to see why she said that. I nod, not able to use my voice. They try to grab my phone but I just slip it in my pocket and get back to making cookies. They decide to leave the topic alone for now so Ed goes back to the living room and the three of us continue with the baking. It's a good thing we are baking because it always relaxes me and makes me forgot about literally anything.

"Okay, I think we've made enough cookies," Gigi says with a small smile. We've made probably twenty sheets of cookies. And I'm not even joking when I say that. "Ed!" she calls.

Ed walks into the room and asks, "Cookies?"

I smile and nod my head as he starts to eat the cookies. We decide to all go eat in the living room and watch TV since the kitchen is a mess right now. I'll go clean that up once we're done. "These are really good," Ali says and then excuses herself since I could tell she was getting tired.

She's probably just going to bed to skip helping clean up.

Smart kid.

The rest of us sit in an awkward silence. We usually never have awkward silences but comforting ones, if that makes sense. "Who?" Gigi blurts out and I finish my cookie to stall for time.

"Who?" I ask, trying to stall for even more time. How did he have my number? I blocked him and got a new number. I mean, I guess when I got my new ohone and number I didn't block him. I guess I thought he wouldn't find it.

Who would betray me and give my new number to him?

"The phone, Taylor," Gigi says with a slight eye roll. They can both tell I'm just stalling for more time. "Who was it?"

"Calvin. Adam. Whatever you want to call him."

"What?" Ed yells. Tears start forming in my eyes as I remember what he did to Ali. My little sister. My poor little sister. "Why?"

"I don't know. I didn't answer. But I know that's his number," I say with a small shrug. Ed stood up then sat down again; not knowing what to do about all of this.

Ed asks, "Why isn't he blocked?"

"I forgot once I got my new phone and number, I guess," I say quietly. Ed seems to calm down. Did he really think I was talking to him or something? After what he did? Nope, never. Not ever again.

Gigi walks over to me and seems to try to comfort me. She knows all about what happened with Adam. Heck, the whole world knows what he did to Ali! He's sales has kind of flunked since the media put out what happened. Honestly, I don't know how they found out or know what happened. The only people I told were my friends. Maybe it was the one that betrayed me and gave him my number? I have to find out who did it.

"Let's just forget about that for now and have a good time. This is my only real break for awhile and I want to spend time with Gigi, as well," I say and Gigi gives me a small smile. I could tell her mind has been wandering off about Cody. "Tomorrow, we should go shopping," I blurt out.

"Okay, what for? Clothes?" Gigi asks.

"Decor."

"What?" she asks, suddenly confused.

I sigh, "Gigi, this house looks great but it just isn't your style. Honestly, everything looks kind of sad. How can you get better if this house isn't reflecting happiness or your style?"

"You're right," Gigi says as she looks around. "Everything does look pretty dark. Maybe looking at it makes me remember sadness or something."

Ed looks around and says, "Yeah, Taylor does have a good point."

"Thanks for coming, Taylor," Gigi says. "I know, with tour and everything you're super busy. You probably just want to be in Nashville right now."

I smile, "I'd rather be here and spend time with you while we still can. We're never able to hang out anymore!"

I look at the clock and realize how late it is yet I'm not even tired. Gigi looks like she's about to pass out, as well as Ed. "You guys get to bed. I'll clean up since I'm not even tired yet," I say to the two of them.

They both thank me and head upstairs to their rooms while I walk into the kitchen. I put the first load of dishes in the dishwasher and start to wipe down the counter. Honestly, I've never since so many dishes in my life. At least, not all at once. I take a seat at the table while I wait for that load of dishes to be down so I can put more in. At that moment, I pull out my phone and scroll through my phone.

As I'm stalking my fans on Instagram, that same number calls through. I know that if I don't answer and see what he wants, I won't be able to sleep. However, if Ali and Ed find out, they will probably be super mad. But I'm just calling, seeing what he wants, and blocking him. We still have a ton of mutual friends so something could have happened to them and he's calling to let me know.

I let the call go and continue scrolling through Instagram when I see someone that posted a picture of the three of us; Ali, Ed, and I. We look so happy. This was before Ali was in the hospital and before I even really knew who Adam was.

When life seemed more simple.

Well, as simple as someone who is famous.

Adam ruined everything between the three of us at that time. Now, we're stronger then ever and I know we can get through whatever. Then, I switch to my phone app and my finger hovers over his number in my recents. I push down and put the phone to my ear.

"Hi," I say softly.

---

Hey guys!

So, I know it's Monday and NOT Tuesday but I'm going to be very busy tomorrow and wanted to get a chapter up this week!  So, you get it a week early ;)

Also, thank you guys so much for 20,000 reads on Lil Sis!  That's completely insane, thank you so, so much!  And, we're so close to 200 reads on here!  I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and sorry about the cliffhanger aha.

Let me know what your favorite part is!  Thanks for reading!

xoxo