Chapter 30

Scars POV

It all happened so fast, the dark shielded all of Giovanni's men and I knew that if I came out from behind the pillar that I would be shot. What am I suppose to do though let Vitaly go out and get himself killed?

I did my best to stand up while leaning on the large white pillar that was now stained with my blood from dragging myself up. I strained my eyes into the dark to try and find any sign of Evie or Nikita but it was no use. The lights had all be shot out and the only sounds now were of Vitaly and Giovanni.

"I can't tell you how long I've waited to do this Volkov." His thick Italian accent was definitely more prominent now.

"And what exactly is it you think you are going to accomplish here? You're outnumbered and outgunned. I didn't get the reputation I hold today for being weak you know." God how does he manage to always stay so calm and collected. His voice always held authority and sophistication when he got like this.

I slowly leaned over peaking my head out. I couldn't see much but I caught sight of Alekzander behind one of the cars. The only real source of light coming from the moon.

My leg was throbbing in pain and I knew that I wasn't getting very far on it. I needed a distraction. I just need to get by the two idiots over there. I pulled myself back behind the pillar and listened closely waiting for an opening.

"Ahh yes your bullshit reputation. I plan on not only destroying your reputation but the entire Volkov empire. You've been running this town for far to long and now it's my turn." I rolled my eyes.

Really Giovanni that's a bit dramatic

I heard the sweet sound of Vitaly laughing and I clenched my thighs together reminding myself that right now really wasn't that time for that.

"With what exactly? If it's a fight you want than I'll be more than happy to oblige but I'm sure you know the outcome of people who dare to challenge my authority."

I wanted to raise my hand in that moment and start shouting 'oh I know! There's three examples in the basement.' But I held myself back...understandably

I heard so rustling in the bushes next to the house and my head whipped over to try and see. I vaguely caught the shine off of a leather cut and prayed to god it was one of the member from The Heat.

So I did what could either work out really well for me....or really bad.

"Psssst.....pssst....PSSST"

It only took a minute for a large biker to come out of the shadows making me sigh in relief.

"Woman! What do you want. Can't you tell when it's time to be quiet?" The large man whisper yelled at me making me giggle.

"I need your help."

He gave me a curious look before noticing with his hand for me to continue.

"Where is your bike? Or any bike really?"

The man looked to be thinking it over for a second before a lightbulb must have gone off and he looked back to me.

"Over by the garage...what are you thinking?"

I gave him a devious grin and motioned him closer. He carefully pulled himself fully out of the bushes and hid behind the pillar next to mine.

"I need a distraction and a gun. If I can use one of the bikes as a distraction I can take him out. Then I'm sure you guys can handle the rest."

He was nodding his head along with me the entire time. He rubbed his hands together and extended a hand out to me. I was extremely thankful for his large size because my leg was hurting like a bitch and the thought of putting pressure on it right now was dreadful.