Chapter 26

I felt him stiffen under me immediately, doing his best to hold back his anger before speaking. I rubbed his thigh doing my best to relax him.

"Giovanni, let's get right to the point yes?"

"So be it, what do you want?"

"I'm actually calling to find out what you want."

The line was silent for a moment. Like I said, it would take him off guard. Hell I don't think this guy even knows what he wants.

"Come again? Do you take me for a fool Vitaly?"

Vitaly let out a small chuckle knowing full well he did in fact take him for a fool. But he wasn't about to let him know that.

"I want to know what it is you're trying to gain from this? Maybe we can come to a mutual compromise yes?"

You could here the venom dripping from Vitaly's words. Such a simple sentence made me want to cower away from him a bit.

"I'll tell you what I want Vitaly. I want you to burn in Hell, you and your whole family but first, I want to take your girl and fuck her over and over again. Then I'll do you the favor of sending her back to you...piece by piece just like you did to me. Then if she's lucky I might just have a go with that sister of yours."

My eyes immediately went to Alekzander and Nikita sitting in the back corner of the room. He was shaking in his seat and it was taking everything in him to keep quiet. But Giovanni wasn't done yet.

"Once all that is over I'll burn the place to the ground, I'll rip away anything and everything you've ever loved and watch you while it crumbles. As for Svetlana and Igor you can kill them for all I care. They were just my pawns to get to you and they failed. But rest assured Mr. Volkov I'll take you down piece by piece till there is nothing left."

"Udachi"

He hung up the phone throwing it across the room smashing against the wall and falling to the floor in a bunch of small pieces. He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his head in the back of my neck.

"Well now we know what he wants." Nikolai said shrugging his shoulders and sinking further into his place on the couch.

Vitaly day back up behind me keeping me firmly on his lap clearly not ready to let go. "He's not getting what he wants! I'll be damned if he gets so much as an inch near her are we clear?"

The power behind his voice left everyone speechless so instead they all just nodded. I felt bad, I didn't want any of this for him. Sure he would of had these problems without me here but now that I was.

I was his Achilles heel.

"So what do we do then?"

We all turned our attention to Nikita who was now stuck to Alek's side. She was as tough as they come but even she looked scared.

"I mean he made a comment about me too are we just going to ignore that? I love Scar just as much as you but if we don't think of something we're all going to die because your head is so clouded with your feelings for her. You have an empire to run big brother, you have family and a pregnant teenager to worry about. This is bigger than just Scar."

She was fuming and hell I didn't blame her, she was right, Vitaly was slipping I had seen it and I now knew the others had as well. This wasn't the calculated man I first met.

I felt him stiffen under me. If looks could kill she would be dead in a second. He went to stand up but I pushed him back down with my body.

"She's right Vitaly..."