Chapter 9

I knocked on the back door to the bar like my life depended on it. Well in reality it did. Evie creaked open the door and I pushed it open immediately locking it back and rushing her into the office. Gator jumped on me knocking me down and licking my face. I held onto him for dear life this may be a dog to some but he was my lifeline. These were the only two family I had left.

"Scar what the hell is going on? Why are you dressed like that?"

I pulled away from gator tears flooded my eyes that I didn't even realize we're there. And hugged Evie she didn't question me and hugged me back.

"Listen we gotta go, get Gator and le...." my sentence was cut short when I heard a banging on the front door of the bar. Evie turned to look at me she had fear in her eyes

"Evie I'm so sorry, get gators leash and let's go we've gotta be quick." She didn't question me clipping gators lead on we opened the door to the office and I heard the banging on the door again Vitaly shouting from outside.

"I warned you Little Red and you didn't listen now you and Evie will be sorry."

Evie whipped her head around to look at me with shock clear in her eyes. "Who is that and how the hell does he know my name....Scar what did you do?"

I didn't answer her I just grabbed gators lead in one hand and rushed to the back door unlocking it Evie ran out first running straight into the arms of Alekzander. He forced her around pressing her back against his chest with his gun to her temple. He whistled out to Vitaly.

I was frozen....Gator was barking and growling like crazy. I didn't know what to do I never meant to drag her into this. I thought I had more time.

Vitaly walked around the back of the bar twirling his gun in his hand with a sinister smile. Gator turned his head to Vitaly and all attention was on him. He lowered himself into attack mode and was snarling showing his teeth. Vitaly pointed his gun down at Gator and out of instinct I placed myself in front of him.

"Now we just had this discussion Little Red, you still chose to run. Now not just you but Evie and your little mutt here will pay."

I glanced over at Evie who was struggling under Alekzander's hold. "Scar who the hell are these people?"

Vitaly turned his attention to her. "Oh you will find out. Alek get her in the car ill deal with Scar." Alek drug her off into the back of the limo leaving me there with a very angry Vitaly. He wasn't the screaming mad he was that mad that scares you to the core where he's so calm but you know nothing good will come from it.

"Do I need to drag you or will you come willingly? Either way you're coming back with me." I had to go he had Evie what kind of person would I be if I just ditched her with them? The whole reason I went with him in the first place was to protect her.

"Ill come but I'm bringing Gator."

"You're in no position to barter with me Scar."

"Either I bring Gator or you shoot me right here."

I could see he was thinking it over I was standing my ground. If I die so be it. "Fine get the dog in the car." I walked to the car and had Evie pull gators lead in so I could get in followed by Vitaly. We rode the whole way back to the mansion at gun point. To say I was uncomfortable was an understatement.

We made it back to the mansion and the party had been cleared out. Vitaly had me in his hold as we walked inside Nikita and Nikolai were already waiting for us.

"Nikita take Gator and put him in the laundry room please."

Nikita came over and took Gator from me and disappeared into the next room. Once she was gone Vitaly and Alekzander walked us down into the basement. I hadn't been down here before. It was more of a big open area. It was dirty and looked like it didn't get much use. There was a door that lead to a separate room with a large window looking into it. Vitaly opened the door and led us in. The room was almost bare, it had two small cots on either side and a bathroom the size of a closet that only held a toilet.

"Well make yourselves at home ladies. You will be here awhile." And he left. Locked the door and just left us here.

"Scar you better tell me what the hell is going on." I couldn't look at her I felt awful she was here because of me and I could have prevented this had I listened to his warnings.

"I'm sorry Evie, I'm so so sorry I never meant for this to happen." She sat down with her head in her hands. Evie was like me we didn't fear much and we come off as hard. It's why we get along so well.

"I get it. But why were you here in the first place?"

"The night at the casino I saw something I shouldn't have. They caught me on camera I assume running away. They came to the house when you went on a walk with gator and said if I didn't come with them they would kill you and Gator. I couldn't let that happen you guys are all I have left."

I could see her tear up, I didn't mean to make her cry. But it was true I would do anything for them. She got up and walked over to me. I thought for sure she was going to backhand me and hell I wouldn't blame her for it. Instead she wrapped her arms around me and began sobbing causing me to do the same.

************

Vitaly's POV

I sat on the other side of the room watching and listening to their conversation. The window was a two way mirror. I had cameras and microphones in there for just these reasons.

I didn't want to do this to her but I needed her to listen to me. Respect me. Maybe even fear me. Evie was just collateral damage, I wasn't sure what I had planned for her yet. Hell I hadn't even decided on a solid plan for what I was going to do with Scar.

I watched their conversation. Scar flinched a bit when Evie walked over to her wrapping her arms around her as both of them cried. I didn't get where I am today by being soft or pushed around. I am a dangerous man and I always will be. I can't change that it's been in my blood since before I was born.

I was brought out of my thoughts by Alek "what are you thinking over there boss?"

"Leave them down here a week, 3 basic meals bland they do not come out of that room until I say so."

"Yes sir. What about the dog?"

"Send someone out for dog food, treats, toys, dog bed, and a kennel." He gave me a questioning look but knew better than to ask instead he nodded his head and headed up the stairs. I couldn't explain why I was doing what I was doing.

Scar was beautiful, sure I've had beautiful women around me but there was something about her. I needed to get her off my mind. I had to maybe this week of her locked away will help me. I gave them one last look to see Scar sitting up with Evie laying her head in her lap.

I got up and walked up the stairs to see Nikita waiting for me. She had her arms crossed and a look of furry her and my mother used to share so well.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Ya know I don't blame her for one second trying to get away from you. Now I have to deal with someone I've grown to care about locked away in our basement, a separation anxiety ridden pit bull and Svetlana is in our living room refusing to leave until she sees you and if you don't get rid of her I'll shoot her myself."

Well damn.....she was pissed, it wasn't often Nikita got angry like this. She was the calm and collected one out of all of us. She didn't want to be involved in mafia business and that was her right. But we made sure she still knew how to protect herself and I had no doubt she would shoot Svetlana just for shits and giggles.

"Know your place Nikita! I'm in charge here now you can get in line with that or I'll lock you down there with them." She looked at me shocked but really I had had enough. I stormed past her and into the living room to see Svetlana standing there with two large suitcases.

What does this bitch think she's doing?