Chapter 3

Scarlett's POV

I woke up that morning feeling a hangover like no other and out of breath from gator sleeping on my chest. I guess he could tell something was wrong with me since he stayed by my side all night even with my late night bathroom visits there he was.

"Hey there buddy! Whose a good boy? How about we get you some breakfast?"

*BARK, BARK" I laughed "I'll take that as a yes cmon" I pulled on my robe and headed down the hall to the kitchen where Evie was already up making waffles.

"I thought I smelt something good where's mine?" She gave me a glare then smiled "in the microwave I wasn't sure when you were going to get up" I gave her a hug from behind and grabbed my waffles out of the microwave drowning them in butter and syrup and placing them on the table. I got gators food and fed him before myself as he sat patiently waiting for me.

"So are you okay after last night?" She gave me a concerned look we deal with drunk assholes at the bar all the time so punching someone in the face wasn't unusual for us. I hope she doesn't see through my lie.

"Oh yeah I'm good you know just the usual drunk doesn't know what no means. Really I'm okay." She nodded her head and joined me at the table.

***********

Hours later we had cleaned the house, caught up on our SOA, Taken gator out back for some exercise and now collapsing on the couch seemed like a good idea. Looking at the clock it was already 6:00 p.m "Shit Evie we have to be at work at 8:00" she lifted her head off the couch and looked at the clock.

"Ugh!!!! I don't want to go can't we tell mike we're sick?"

"I think he would know better cmon hop in the shower you stink." She looked at me and rolled her eyes before flicking me off and walking down the hall to her room.

"Love you too" I shouted after her and went to my own room to get ready for work.

************
Vitaly's POV

I was sitting in my home office when I heard a knock on the door. "Come in." Of course it was Nikolai. "What do you want Nikolai I'm busy." I wasn't in the mood all night I had been thinking about this mystery woman and what exactly I had planned to do with her once I found her.

"Relax Alekzander and Irina are on the way over from the compound she says she knows who the girl is." This had peaked my interest. Now I had to decide what I was going to do.

"Thank you for letting me know, bring them straight here when they arrive I want to know everything." He gave me a curt nod and left the room.

30 minutes later he had returned with Alek and Irina. Irina was the top hacker she could get into anything, she could find out things about you that you weren't even aware of.

"Hello Vitaly nice to see you again." I gave her a slight smile. "Likewise please sit, tell me everything you have found out." She opened a file and placed it on my desk before taking a seat across from me.

"Her name is Scarlett Rockwell but she goes by Scar. Born and raised here In New Orleans, no brothers or sisters her parents died when she was 13 and she lives with her friend Evelyn  Masters who goes by Evie as well as her dog. They both work at the Red Dog bar as bartenders neither women seem to have any ties to the Italians."

Well Little Red looks like we're going to be meeting very soon. "Thank you Irina, please feel free to stop by the casino anytime free drinks of course." She smiled "of course I'll take you up on that." She waved good bye to Alek and Nikolai before leaving.

"Well she works tonight at 8:00 until 2:00 A.M what would you like us to do." What did I want them to do? I can't risk her running her mouth off to the cops. I don't need anymore drama with the Italians breathing down my neck.