Chapter 29

Vitaly's P.O.V

As my phone rang I couldn't take my eyes off of her. What was she doing here? I picked up my phone without saying hello. I heard Ivan let out a frustrated groan before he began speaking.

"Boss, there's a man here with Carmen. Says he's Scars boyfriend."

Boyfriend?!? She went and got herself a boyfriend in the time she was gone. What else had she done? I mean we were never officially together but I had planned on asking her before she ran off. She knew she was mine.

I hung up without a word and turned my attention back to Scar. She had that delicious smirk on her lips and was starting daggers into me.

"Looks like a friend of yours has joined the party outside."

I watched her for a moment, the wheels turning in her brain until her face fell and all color drained from it. Now was my turn to smirk. Nobody touches whats mine and she knew that.

I picked up my gun off my desk and went to run my other hand over my face. I glanced over to Alek and Nikita both with worried looks on their faces... Good they should be.

I brushed past Scar bumping her shoulder on the way as I made my way to the gates. She wasn't far behind me calling my name but I didn't listen. How dare he come here? Does he know who I am?

I pushed my way through all of the people and slammed the doors open. Some of the members from The Heat followed me outside. I felt more powerful than I ever have before but also more broken.

Ivan was standing by the gates with Carmen and I assume the boyfriend in question when I walked up. Scar had grabbed my arm trying to pull me back but it wasn't working I was gone.

"Who the hell are you?"

"I'm peter Scarlets boyfriend I came to make sure she was okay."

I let out a laugh that even to my own ears sounded nothing less than sinister. Scar come around me and placed herself between him and I. She had a calm look on her face but her eyes screamed she was panicked.

"You let him call you Scarlet?" I asked her knowing full well if anyone called her by her full name she would flip. She just hung her head.

"What else would I call her? That's her name."

"Yeah but nobody calls her Scarlet...what's going on?" Nikita asked from behind me I knew everyone must be out here by now.

"I-I was trying to be better. Leave this life behind leave YOU! Behind" she told me pointing an accusing finger at me. I won't lie that hurt.

"What are you saying Scar? Or should I call you Scarlet?" I heard the venom in Nikita's voice and I knew she was pissed and rightfully so.

"NO! Nobody call me Scarlet! Okay-" she paused running her hands over her face and let out a frustrated groan. "Listen to me Vitaly I left for a reason and you know damn well why! If I would have stayed Giovanni would have destroyed you! I was already making you weak and I wasn't going to have it."

I had never seen it from her point of view. Honestly I was so wrapped up in my own anger and pain that I wasn't thinking rationally. She may have a point but I was still hurt and angry and she wasn't getting off that easy. Especially now that I have some punk ass kid in front of me.

"So you decided fuck all of us and went out and got yourself a boyfriend, forgetting your family Ehh?"

That didn't come from me. I looked over my shoulder as Scar peaked around my body to see Evie standing there with Nikolai plastered to her side.