Chapter 4

A week had passed and nothing unusual had happened. The three men never came back into the bar and I was okay with that. something about that mans eyes sent chills through my body I wasn't sure why yet.

I walked into the kitchen looking for Evie but there was a note on the counter

"Hey Scar I've gone for a run with Gator so don't freak out! We should be back in a couple hours." Well I guess that means I'm going to take a nap on the couch. Just as I was about to lay down and catch up on some tv there was a knock on the front door.

I walked to the door and tried to peek out the side window to see if I could see anyone but nobody was there. Probably just some kids, I went to walk away when somebody knocked again. I tried again to look and didn't see anyone so I opened the door and walked outside I looked everywhere and nobody was there. What the hell is going on?

I walked back into the house and locked the door. I walked into my living room when a slight panic set in. There sat in my living room were the three men from the week before at the casino. A sinister smile crept upon the mans face.

"Well hello there Little Red" he didn't move from his spot. Just smiled at me and crossed his arms while his men moved to stand beside him. Well I guess he's in charge here. The number one rule I always went by was to never show fear and that's exactly what I was going to do. Hide any fear that I had.

"The names Scar not Little Red and you found your way in here I'm sure you can find your way out." This only caused him to chuckle? Is this man insane?

"Aren't you curious why I'm here in the first place?" He stood up and stalked his way towards me.

"I know exactly why you're here and frankly I don't care as you can tell I haven't mentioned anything so you can be on your way." I crossed my arms and stood firm in my spot as intimidating as his stare was I couldn't let him get to me this is how people die when they show fear and run away.

He looked at me with a puzzled look. Did he believe me? "You see Little Red I can't take that chance." He was so close to me I could feel his breath.

"What exactly do you plan on doing then? I have people who will look for me if I just do happen to go missing ya know." He let out a sigh and leaned in to whisper in my ear.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way, I know that miss Evelyn will be coming though that door any minute now with your precious pup and I would hate to have unnecessary blood shed wouldn't you?" He backed away from me and put his hands in his pockets standing tall so satisfied with himself.

He was right Evie would be home with gator any second and I couldn't take the risk of something happening to either of them. They meant to much to me.

"What do I need to do?" That sinister grin appeared on his face again. "Simple write a note saying you will be gone for awhile that there was an emergency and you will touch base with her soon." Was I really going to do this? Just go off with these men possibly to my death? Yeah I guess I was, better my life than theirs.

"Fine should I pack a bag or are we just going to do a quick shot to the head?" I was completely serious with my sentence he gave me a confused look like he didn't understand why I didn't just cower in fear.

"Pack yourself a bag but do it fast." He turned to his men. "Nikolai, Poydite s ney, ubedites', chto ona nichego ne pytayetsya." The man that. Resembled followed me back to my room as I packed everything I thought I could possibly need. He just told there and watched.

Once I had packed my bag the man whose name I now know is Nikolai carried it out for me and I wrote a note to Evie.

"Dear Evie, something came up that was pretty important I had to leave for a bit I'm not sure when I'll be back, please take care of gator for me and tell him I love him and you as well. I will call soon and let you know everything is okay. Be safe."