Eve of the Wedding

Maria P.O.V
We were finally in my country after a short 30 min flight from Heathrow. Thee kids were glued to the windows as we passed over Scotland & approached our channel. Our island was pretty much a larger version of Britain. It started 10 km from Scotland & stopped at the top of Norway. Width wise it was just slightly wider than Britain & Ireland.

Due to our advanced technology, we protected the island against UV light. Vlad & our people didn't have to worry about frying on the island. He found it odd but slowly started to enjoy it.

Guards were waiting for us on the tarmac along with a few advisors. Father greeted them & helped introduce them to my family. They were cordial & respectful to everyone. We were ushered into two separate cars: 1 for my parents & siblings & the other for us. Renfield was put in some random car for servants.

The streets were lined with people as we were paraded to the palace. Ingrid & Vladdy were blown away. Vlad & I smirked at their amusement. The parade route lasted 50 minutes before we arrived in the palace. Once there, we were greeted by my old friends: Selene, Alucard & Victoria.

"Maria, about time you came back home. Good to see you." Selene greeted as she hugged me

"Yeah, good to be home." I replied before we broke our hug

"There's my best friend. You owe me big time for helping plan this madness." Victoria teased as she tried to bear-hug me. I laughed a bit as I didn't feel extreme pain but struggled to see past her red curls

"Vic, let the girl breathe." Alucard teased as he pried her off. "I'm happy for you." He wished me as he hugged me lightly. Vlad got a little jealous & broke us apart

"Well nice to see you too big bro." Alucard teased, trying to salvage the mood.

"Brother?" The kids asked in unison from behind us

"Children these are my half siblings: Vlad & Victoria, different mothers." Vlad explained half-heartedly

"Its nice to see you all again. The last time either of us saw you two was when Ingrid was 2 & Vlad was only a few months." Vic explained with a big smile across her face.

"Is Vlad a popular name in the family?" Ingrid asked

"Yeah, dad felt it was a proper vampiric boys name. Mine is just Vlad but your fathers is the full version: Vladimir. Though I use Alucard." Alucard joked while Vlad rolled his eyes

"Be nice to your family. Before we know it, we'll be home." I whispered in Vlads ear before jabbing him a bit. He winced slightly & barely muttered okay.

"Ah Alucard, Victoria, Selene. Would you be so kind as to escort them to their rooms." Father ordered them as he entered the room

"Of course my king." Selene replied as all of them curtsied. Selene , Vlad & I walked in front while Alucard & Vic were chatting with the kids in the back.

The wedding would officially be tomorrow. Tonight would be a pre-celebration. A chance to introduce my new family to the court. This would give them the chance to meet the other clans. There were 5 others besides us. We were old friends with 3 of them: Alario, Benenati, Orsini. But, the other two: Pavarta & Septimus, were bitter rivals of us. Very often they would vote against a measure even before hearing the argument, just to be obstinate. I was dreading having to speak with them. But, I would have no choice since it was tradition.

We had a few hours to ourselves before being fitted into our party clothes. We still dressed like the Tudors around ourselves. Being casual meant wearing WW2 era clothes. I absolutely hated the corset but endured it. Since I had already worn them, mine was tied a little tighter. I stayed modest by having most of my chest covered. Vlad looked handsome in his clothes & caught me steal a glance.