[seventeen]

"Why didn't you call me?" Will ask ed me for what felt like the millionth time.

"I didn't even call her fucking mom Will!" I said, my voice finally raising above my quiet tone.

Auston had talked to Mitch and Will that Karmina was in Toronto. Will rushed back, and as soon as he saw her, demanded to know everything. It took Karmina breaking down into a sobbing mess to keep him from calling the police, or even driving down to her school himself to find the guys who hurt her, and completely ruin their lives...and faces. She went and laid down for a nap, and I continued to get the wrath of Will. I knew he wasn't upset with me, but I was the only person he knew he could yell at at this moment in time, and I knew he needed to deal with it in his own way.

He sank down into the couch next to me, and I put my arm around him, resting my head on his shoulder. He put his head in his hands, and I knew he was at a loss for what to do. 

Even with the little amount of time they had spent together, they were close. I knew that they talked every day, and had a closer relationship than anyone even realized. They hadn't made anything official because of the distance between them, but I knew Will wanted to. 

"Why did she go there in the first place? I thought we were...something." Will said, his voice shaky. 

"Karmina has always been uneasy about real relationships. Her dad was awful, and that kind of ruined guys for her. She's never gone for the good guys. She's flirted with this line an few times, but she's always managed to get out of any kind of serious situation. She was just outnumbered. I know she cares about you Will. Maybe this will just be the thing to show her she needs to trust the good guy for once." I consoled him.

"I didn't mean to yell at you." He said, looking up at me, his eyes red. 

"Don't worry about it Willy. We all handle hard situations differently, and I can't blame you for freaking out on me." 

He pulled me into a hug, and I relaxed into the hug. I needed my guys back. I needed my Auston back.

+

I was anxious for Auston to get back, but he hadn't been super specific about when exactly that would be, just the day he was coming back. I tried to stay busy, cleaning up the apartment, watching tv shows, but all I could think of was finally seeing Auston again.

I was exhausted. My mind and body were completely spent. So it wasn't surprising that I fell asleep on the couch while trying to watch The Office to pass the time. The warmth from Auston's sweatshirt, and the familiarity of the Office had me out in minutes. 

"Baby." A whisper broke me from my slumber.

"Hmm." I said, my eyes not wanting to open.

"I'm home." The voice said.

"I'm tired." I whined.

"I know. But I want to see you." 

My eyes fluttered open to meet his deep brown ones. A tired smile fell upon my lips, and I reached my arms up gesturing for him to hug me. Auston sat on the couch next to me, and pulled me into his lap. His cologne hit my senses, and tears hit my eyes. I covered my face quickly, unable to stop the flowing tears and the light sobs that escaped my lips.