I've noticed something else about his eyes, too. The way they change color.

I know he's a shapeshifter, so changing his appearance is his nature, but the way his eyes changed had me hypnotized. For a moment, I was debating whether or not it was just the reflections from the movie, but it wasn't long before I realized that that wasn't the case at all.

After the movie, we walked back to the car and I sighed. It's colder outside now that it's much later, and I had forgot my jacket at home. Once we got in the car, I shivered. I noticed Reid moving and I looked over to see him removing his jacket, and then he handed it to me.

"You seem cold," he said, smirking. Before I could protest, he continued. "I don't get cold easily, I'll be alright. Please, take it."

I gave him a grateful smile and pulled his jacket on, sliding my arms through the sleeves. His warmth and scent swallowed me up, and I swear I've never been more comfortable in my life.

As he started the car and pulled out of the lot, I closed my eyes as I inhaled the scent of fruity smoke, like a sweet incense. Strong, but lovely.

I kept my eyes closed, enveloped in warmth as my mind spun with thoughts and hopes and possibilities. I haven't felt this hopeful in a long time.

I didn't know that I dozed off until I heard him calling my name.

"Toby? Are you asleep?" Reid's voice caused me to jolt awake, and once my eyes opened, I noticed that we're almost back to my place. Heat rushed to my face as I smiled sheepishly.

"I may have dozed off," I replied. Reid laughed and pulled into my driveway. We climbed out and into the chilly night air, and approached the front door. Before going in, I turned to face him. I don't really wanted to part just yet.

"Thanks for taking me out, it was fun," I said honestly. He seems like a pretty nice guy so far, and I'm glad that I went on this date.

Oddison seemed nice at first, too. The moment that thought came to me, I bit the inside of my cheek. No, I shouldn't keep doubting. If Reid truly is my mate, then that owls mean we were meant to be, and no matter what, things will turn out good for us. Unlike the relationship I had with Oddison, a relationship with my mate will be everlasting and happy.

Reid ran a hand through his hair, and the movement brought me back into focus.

"Not a problem. Next time your free, I'd like to take you out again." He told me, smiling.

I grinned and nodded, feeling joyful that he wants to see me again. "I'm free this weekend. How does a picnic sound?" I asked.

He gave me a little smirk that made him look wickedly sexy, and I can feel the blush rising in my cheeks again. Then, I froze in place as he lifted his hand and gently brushed it along my cheek, his fingers gliding around my ear and into my hair as his palm resting on my cheek.

His hand does feel warm, I thought, my heart pounding as he began to lean close. He seemed hesitant, as if he was afraid of scaring me, or maybe he's nervous himself. His nose brushed against mine, and our lips are centimeters apart. I'm almost trembling in anticipation as his eyes stare into mine.

Kiss me! I silently begged, and within the next second, we were kissing. Our lips melded together perfectly. His kisses are a slow momentum, a skilled rhythm that had me breathless but wanting more.

Then the porch light flooded over us, and I jumped, causing me to bite down rather hard in Reid's bottom lip. I gasped and stepped back, my hands flying up to cover my warming cheeks.

"I'm okay," Reid said, smiling, then he licked his lips. "And a picnic sounds great. I'll get you on Friday around two?"

"Friday it is," I replied breathlessly. Then his expression became pained, as if he's struggling with something. He stepped towards me, leaning forward to get another quick kiss, and thank God he did because I just can't get enough of him.