Chapter 3

~Toby~

I scanned my closet once again, looking for my casual wear. We were only going to the movies, so I don't want to go in a party outfit, or a formal attire. I settled for skinny jeans and a band shirt, along with my converse shoes.

Once I was dressed and just as I was putting on my shoes, there was a knock at my door. I opened the door, but I didn't see anyone, until I looked down. Skye stood there, her cat toy in her hands and a smile on her face.

I picked her up and she giggled. "Grandma is going out!"

"Yes, grandma sure is. Where is your parents?" I asked. Skye pointed to the ground. She must mean they're downstairs. "How about you go to and meet up with them."

Skye nodded and made her way downstairs. I watched her waddling figure move downstairs as I followed close behind. Twilight and Dawn are sitting at the counter, flipping through a magazine while Dusk and Oliver are watching sports.

Twilight saw me and gasped. "You look so cute mom!" She shrieked. I felt heat creep into my face. I'm not sure why she says that, I'm only wearing what I usually wear.

"Thanks Twilight," I told her. She pulled out her phone and snapped a few pictures before hugging me. There was gentle knock on the door and Dusk went to answer it.

"Mom! Reid's here," he called. I nodded and waved goodbye to my children and Oliver. Then, I turned to see Reid at the front door, and again, that warm feeling from earlier rushed through me and I couldn't help but to smile at him.

Reid smiled back and nodded to his car parked in front.

We climbed inside the car, and I silently begged that the darkness would hide my blushing cheeks. It was a silent drive, but it didn't really feel awkward.

"I'm glad you accepted the invite to the movie tonight," Reid said, glancing at me with a smirk. I smiled, taking in how he looks. I was too afraid to study him earlier, but now that we're sitting next to each other once more, face to face, I have a little more courage.

His white hair looks silver in the night, flowing over his soft silver eyes. The skin on his face looks so smooth, curving perfectly around his cheekbones and jawline. His lips look soft, and I can imagine them being warm. Suddenly, I wanted to touch him. I gripped my fingers at my jeans to keep myself from doing so.

"I'm glad you invited me. I haven't been to the movies in a while," I replied. He chuckled. He soon pulled into the parking lot and parked close to the front entrance. We climbed out, and walked by the list of movies that are currently playing. Reid pointed to the movie we're going to watch, which looks like a horror movie.

"It's a comedy, I swear. It's supposed to look like that," he explained. I gave him a skeptical look and nodded. A horror comedy movie couldn't hurt. Reid bought the tickets, and then got popcorn and drinks. I had offered to buy us the snacks, but he insisted. Such a gentleman. The movie was just starting when we took our seats in the middle.

The movie was in fact a comedy, and throughout the movie I was laughing hysterically. Reid seemed to enjoy it some too, but I noticed that he seemed rather distracted, lost in his own thoughts.

He never tried anything on me, and I'm both glad and disappointed. I was hoping that maybe he'd grab my hand, because throughout my time with him, I've been wondering how it'd feel to hold his hand. Would it be warm or cold? Would it be soft, or maybe slightly calloused? How would his fingers feel as they slide between mine?

I had kept sneaking peeks at him, watching his eyes as they move, watching the screen, but not really focused. There's a dreamlike feeling he has about him, something that makes me want to reach out to him and pull him back into reality.