Chapter 16

M A L A Y
Following Day

  I stared at her sleep while I just thought and thought how could I ever live without Mila Ava Moore.

  The doctor had told me she now has brain damage from intense shaking of her body. The futher they look into it they found it was done with force and they believe it was on purpose.

  My whole life has been trouble, toxic, BULLSHIT. And I drung my innocent daughter into it. I cried all day and literally had no more tears left. I was just gone inside. I had lost everything. My family, my innocents, my job, my daughter, my mind, and now my sanity. I have nothing. I am nothing. Now my daughter is a vegetable. Laying here motionless, still, and needing a fucking machine to breathe.

Being pulled out my thoughts by her machines beeping out of control. I shot up. Nurses and Doctors rushed in in a calm panic. My hands began sweating, my heart beat raced. I put my hands on my head breathing hard.

A L D O N

"What you doing here?" Daya asked.

"Yea man. Malay need you bruh."

"Both yall get off me. I need a drink. She needs new clothes, her medication, and food. I got this so both of yall leave me alone! Hell you so worried go see them! Why you here on my back!" I shouted.

"Aye man we all feeling some type a way since MiMi's incident, but don't take that out on us. We just makin sure yall ok."Lucas said.

"Plus she doesn't talk to us when we do visit." Daya added.

"Man... I'm sorry yall."

"It's-" Lucas started.

"Look I gotta go. Come by later I'll get her to talk." I quickly got Malay's clothes and medicine. I took me a strong shot and got into my car.

10 minutes later, I pulled up to the hospital. I grabbed her bag containing her stuff and in. On my way in I thought I seen Kira leaving, but when I looked back I didn't see her.

Finally getting to MiMi's floor, I seen Malay sitting on the floor. Her knees were drawn up and her chin were on top. I rushed to her, sitting her bag in a car, I crouched down to see her silently crying staring off at nothing.

"Hey Baby. What's wrong?"

"I lost her. I've everything." I seen her dad talking to the doctor. Whatever he said it wasn't sitting well with him.

I walked over and the doctor patted Leonardo's back and gave me a sympathetic nod. Then he walked away.

"Umm what happened is she really gone?" My voice crack.

"Yea. Yea my babies are really gone."
He weakly smiled with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Babies?"

"No way in god's green earth is Malay going to bounce back. Mi pobre bebé.
Su vida es una mierda porque yo no estaba allí." He put his hands on his head.

She's gone.

"What was the doctor telling you?"

"Oh,' he sniffled," a mysterious drug was found in her drug system that's what cause her to die. She never had chance in this cold cruel ass world."

I looked back to Malay still staring out to space. If it was hard trying get wall down its now impossible.
I just have to be there for her as much as I can. I can't believe she's gone. She was the light of everybody's life she ever talked to. She brung a laugh to everyone she even looked at. I know she the smile I needed 95% of the time. Now she is gone.