Chapter 8

M A L A Y
a week later

"Baby get up," I shook Ava.

"I'm up. I'm up." She groaned. I laughed.

I finally got her dressed and I laid her back down. She fell asleep instantly, that usually happens when she takes a bath. I left her in her room and waited for Daya.

I walked in my room to my bathroom. I sat on my tub and just broke down. All these thoughts ran through my head. The main one is the jury is going to see him as non guilty and it's going be my fault.

"Malay you ready?!" I heard Trey came up the stairs. I quickly wiped my tears. "Malay don't tell me you still doing your makeup." He stopped talking once he seen me.

"Baby what's wrong?"

"I can't do this," I started crying again.

"Malay you pissing me off honestly. He has took too much from you for you not to want to put him away. I understand your scared baby, I really do. I'm going to be there the whollleee time and I ain't going no where. Now get yo ass up." I was too shocked to respone. He held his held out for me to take. I did. He pulled me up and wiped my tears.

"Get yo ass dress," he kissed me and left me to get dress.

------
"See this is a little tight. I should just stay here."

"Makayla I'm not playing with you get yo ass in that car."

----
T R E M A I N E

As I was driving, I noticed she was shaking. I grabbed her hand and rubbed my thumb across her knuckles. I was focus on the road, but felt her eyes on me.

Soon after we pulled up to the court house, she teary eyed again.

"Baybeh' don't do this. I hate that he has this much power over you." I peck her lips over and over again. I put my finger on her chin. "Don't let him win baby. You got too much of a good heart for that."

She nodded. "Words ma."

"Yes papí," she smiled weakly.

"That's what I like to hear." I kissed her.

----

"We call Dr.Malay Moore to the stand." She walked up the man holding the bible.

"Do you Dr.Malay Moore vow to tell the truth and the whole truth so help you god?" He asked her.

"I do."

"You may be seated." She nodded. He held his hand out to help her on the podium.

"She good bruh," I called out. Malay looked back and giggled.

She took her seat.She pushed her hair behind her ear. The lawyer for the plaintiff (good people).

"Hi Dr.Moore," the lady smiled at Malay she sent a warm smile back.

"Hi."

"Ok, so can you tell the relationship between you and the defendant, Maurice Jackson."

"No relationship. He was my professor 5 ago."

"Is it true you have a daughter that is 4 years old?"

"Yes she will be 5 in April."

"You claim Mr.Jackson raped you, correct?"

"False. He did rape me. I didn't claim anything."

The lady nodded," I understand. Your witness." The lawyer lady walked off.